As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Director, IT Development Customer Interaction Management will establish and drive a world class IT Development organization. Create the strategy and roadmap for the development of applications focused on servicing our customers through our customer care and telesales channels and oversee all technical project delivery. Functional domains include Customer Care, Telesales, Account Management, and Knowledge Management. Define the strategy and execute a plan for the portfolio of critical enterprise systems to achieve functional, performance, and integration validation that continually improves efficiency of new capabilities across T-Mobile Enterprise IT. The Director will also lead the strategic relationship and contractual agreements for contract labor and managed service providers, ensuring high quality software delivery and development with a regular contingent labor force of approximately 120 workers, as well as lead approximately 40 FTEs. The Director will manage a budget of roughly $35 million including OPEX and external capital projects.
PERSONALCHARACTERISTICS: The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a large and organizationally complex development team to deliver and collaborate productively with other parts of the organization.
- Broad experience leading development for customer interaction solutions in the service, telecommunications or consumer industries.
- Perform role of change agent and transformational IT leader with documented experience with digital architecture, DevOps and overall improving speed to delivery.
- Strong leader holding multiple teams and vendor relationships to high levels of quality development, including managed services.
- Provide executive influence across the organization.
- Extensive experience with Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies.
- Experience working in a high velocity, high growth environment and a proven change agent.
- Strategically partner with the business to accomplish their goals.
- Developed innovative self-service solutions to reduce human service interactions.
- Drove automation to increase speed of delivery thru the use of delivery pipelines.
- Built technology roadmaps for complex technology systems.
- Ability to think strategically can execute in the present and shape the longer term direction; can anticipate and envision what change is needed that will produce game-changing improvements.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master preferred.
- Visionary leadership drives adoption of innovative approaches, focused on generating and implementing new possibilities to improve performance.
- Strong Collaborator builds relationships of influence quickly and effectively, partners with peers and markets to create alignment and speed to implement.
- Creates a vision for team and coaches them to excellence and to delivering with quality, consistency, timeliness, innovation, and strategic perspective.
- Decisive leader who is able to move business forward quickly while balancing time, cost, and quality.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment.
- Strong business acumen; incorporates overall objective in developing strategy and decisions.
Has awareness of each team member's career goals; facilitates development discussions; and provides challenging tasks and assignments to promote development.
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonally and systemically, clearly articulating the direction and vision of organization.
- Strength in relationship building across business and organizational boundaries. Ability to build support at all levels.
- Impeccable personal integrity and business ethics, driven by high performance standards.
- Results oriented and does what is necessary to improve performance; balances the resources necessary to produce desired outcomes; tracks and monitors performance.
- High level of intelligence with a keen analytical mind and clear intellectual curiosity.
- Strategically-minded, contributing to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company.
- Organizationally savvy; utilizes partnerships across the organization and leverages knowledge of formal and informal decision-making processes to accomplish work objectives.
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Able to motivate and mobilize others; creating a cohesive and inspirational team environment.
- Ability to address and realize both long-term and short-term goals and objectives.
- Possesses a low ego; celebrates the success of others in the business; passionate for helping the customer do their job better.
- Build and optimize an organization that enables the business to interact with all aspects of servicing our customer base across all assisted channels.
- Provide leadership transforming an enterprise software model to a fully digital portfolio of solutions, including the implementation of an API first design methodology.
- Deliver business capabilities using an agile SDLC, application of continuous delivery methods, and DevOps methods.
- Partner with executive leadership to define strategy, roadmap and solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Develop a strategy leverage cloud based technologies where appropriate.
- Lead a strong development team to improve integration of complex packaged applications.
- Develop KPI's for the IT organization which align with business goals by interacting effectively with the business, application support and infrastructure teams to deliver sound robust solutions.
- Partner with the Testing and Support Teams during all stages of development to ensure 100% uptime.
- Build, manage and motivate a high caliber, team-oriented IT Development organization that promotes excellence and rewards results.
- Ensure management and development teams are staffed with talent that is required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new system functionality required by the business.
- Recommend and delivery innovative technologies for a large array of systems and applications in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams.
- Constantly improve the development process, tools and methodologies used in the development group for a wide range of systems and applications.
- Lead teams for delivery of high quality products on time and within budget.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.