Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Director, IT Program Management is responsible for shared services within Information Technology. This includes Program Management, Agile Development Process, Quality Assurance & Testing, Change/Release Management and coordination of the Budgeting and Forecasting process. The Director, IT Program Management, as a member of the IT Leadership Team, will help to define requirements and prioritize resources across potential IT projects, manage the Project Intake and Project Change Order Process. The Director will also serve as a conduit to functional leaders within the business to help them translate their needs into IT requirements. The Director will be accountable for managing the portfolio of IT projects to ensure they have appropriate resources, remain on track and on budget.
The Director, IT Program Management’s key areas of focus will include:
• Coordinating with the Business Transformation Office to build the structure for the IT PMO and to ensure consistent project management methodologies and approaches are being leveraged consistently enterprise-wide
• Managing the portfolio of IT projects to ensure execution against defined metrics, milestones, and budget requirements, allocate resources, understand interdependencies, and track performance
• Developing and Managing the Agile Development Process across IT. Ensuring Agile is functioning in a productive, efficient and consistent manner.
• Leading the Quality Assurance team to automate testing of enterprise applications and ensuring consistent quality metrics are being employed across IT.
• Manage the IT Budgeting and Forecasting process across IT ensuring teams meet financial deadlines, report project change orders and report forecasts in a timely and accurate manner.
• Manage relationship with contracted resource vendors including offshore providers.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Leads the development of IT initiatives by coordinating between business owners and IT functional leaders to define requirements, determine resource needs, and support business case development.
• Works with key IT and business leaders to support initiatives through implementation, including tracking progress, designing and monitoring key metrics, tracking performance against milestones, and providing change management guidance.
• Provides leadership and oversight to Program Management, Agile Development and Quality Assurance & Testing teams.
• Drives consistent Agile practices within the IT Organization and works with Business Leaders to ensure proper engagement.
• Oversees the development of test automation practices and manages key metrics to ensure code coverage, unit and integration testing and minimal defects.
• Collaborates with varying levels of indirect reports/resources and manages through influence. Uses capabilities to influence customers, stakeholders, and project managers to properly manage divergent expectations.
• Navigates within a geographically dispersed and operationally decentralized organization leveraging a working understanding of customer, local (field), shareholder, and employee priorities to achieve varying project objectives.
• Facilitates and assists in proper articulation and communication of accurate expectations of project progress.
• Responsible for managing offshore vendor relationships and collaborating closely with various IT departments to support overall governance efforts, such as evaluating and prioritizing requests, vendor reviews, contractual change efforts, and corrective action plans.
• Demonstrates and leverages strong business and financial acumen.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
• Relevant advanced degree.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in managing enterprise level and/or multi-departmental projects to completion.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with industry standard project management methodologies for IT development (SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Lean, PMBOK, ITIL, etc.)
• Strong command of change management issues and methodologies.
• Experience in waste, recycling, transportation, or other heavy industrial environments.
• Extensive knowledge of project management tools such as Project Portfolio Management, Agile Planning, MS Office, SharePoint, etc.
• A strong value system with impeccable integrity.
• Proven leadership ability with high energy and enthusiasm to inspire and motivate others.
• Ability to lead change while achieving business goals and objectives.
• Hands-on, results-oriented and pragmatic.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to differing audiences.
• Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships.
• Exceptional financial management skills, with an ability to anticipate potential issues and propose mitigation plans.
• Passion for learning.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.