As Director IT Solutions, E-Commerce, you will be directly managing a team of Engineering Managers who support global teams of about 100 engineers. This is a high impact, high visibility role reporting directly to the VP of E-Commerce and Mobile Technology. We are looking for leader, passionate about building best in-class customer experiences, engineering complex, secure and high-quality reliable software.
Top Skills we are seeking in you..
• You are experienced in open-source and cloud-based technologies, agile methodologies and reliability based modern software engineering and have a firm grasp of Omni Channel end-to-end technology and business processes
• You have a demonstrated experience in leading, mentoring and growing the team. You are organized and structured and understands what it takes to build a scalable organization.
• You can Efficiently and consistently deliver large, complex projects, setting the example for collaboration across teams and departments (both technical and non-technical)
• You have cultivated a deep understanding of E-Commerce technologies and system architecture and are passionate about building high-quality software
• You are a leader who attracts, hires and retains top engineering talent, building a diverse team while fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment
• Manage relationships with vendors and can manage departmental budgets
• You have a proven track record of "Can-Do" attitude and Results Orientation and have an innate ability to imbibe those tenets in your team's work ethics
• You are comfortable with interacting at C-Level and have a strong Executive presence in addition to excellent communication skills (presentation and written), organizational and analytical skills.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering, or related field
• 10+ years of experience in corporate management, project management, IT consulting, or related field
• Experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• Experience managing operational and/or project financial budgets
• Experience leading cross-functional teams
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, CIS, Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of experience developing commercial applications and complex systems
• 7+ years of experience in developing and delivering eCommerce, CRM, Web and Mobile applications.
• 5+ Years of demonstrated history of starting, hiring and growing world class engineering teams
• 3+ years of eCommerce Architecture, Micro-services and DevOps experience
• Experience with agile methodologies and best practices such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
• Strong software engineering background and development experience in OOP concepts and design, Java, UNIX, web services.
• Experience in an IT role requiring interaction with senior leadership
• Experience in a leadership role of a large matrixed organization
• Experience managing the development, implementation, and integration of multiple and/or complex business systems within an organization
• Experience in IT Consulting
• Experience in IT Management in the retail industry
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE ® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States , Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,375 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C. , Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.