LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers and every day, millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world's workforce in ways no other company can. We're much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Ready for your dream role? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
End user support consists of multiple regional IT teams across 30+ offices worldwide delivering support to approximately 10,000 internal users with considerable growth in a fast-paced environment. The IT Director coordinates and leads the activities across all regions
The job requires the ability to create strategy and vision as well as convert the strategy into delivery and execution as measured by key performance indicators. Partnership and collaboration across all the vertical and horizontal services and key stakeholder lines of business at LinkedIn.
The Director of IT Support at LinkedIn will be responsible for
- Tier 0 support includes all end user experience and self-help support, making our IT services easy to consume.
- Tier 1 support includes our worldwide 24x7 Service Desk team and working to ensure that the majority of our support tickets are consumed by this team.
- Tier 2 support provide onsite support to our internal employees through walk ups at our Tech Lounges, support escalations, hardware break/fix logistics, video conference and event support in multiple offices in multiple locations. They also act as an extension to the business in each location.
- Structuring and leading all internal IT tiered support
- Lead Global IT End User Support. A successful background of leading global IT support functions within a multinational organization; large enterprise/customer setting is an essential prerequisite for consideration
- Participate in overall IT planning, strategy development, and execution of operational objectives. Build consensus around the company's IT support vision via regular written and in-person communications
- Identify and implement continuous improvement policies, standards and processes
- Represent IT and Support best practices with Business Leadership and lines of business across regions.
- Build a highly skilled and engaged workforce by aligning resource plans with business objectives; recruit, select, and develop top talent
- Drive employee engagement through training and development programs including plans for career development as well as coaching and development programs
- Manage strategic partnerships with several of the IT technology leaders and related organizations to optimize service costs and share best practices
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing solutions by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards and process for implementing technical solutions
- Foster a culture of customer service, quality and continuous improvement for the Regional IT Support teams.
- Provide oversight and leadership in support of the Major Incident and Change Management processes to ensure that major service disruptions progress towards resolution efficiently
- Researches, recommends and contribute to strategies and/or hardware/software enhancements to increase employee productivity
- Plan, organize, direct and monitor operational performance. Ensure results meet or exceed quality standards
- Develop, manage, measure and report on key service-level metrics and SLAs for IT End User Support.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and infrastructure developments
- B.S. or B.A. in Engineering or related technical discipline, or 10+ years of related practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams in geographically dispersed regions.
- Experience demonstrating customer-centric approach to leading/building global IT support functions.
- Experience in traditional infrastructure areas, including: data centers, network, planning and engineering, support, deployment, help desk, and disaster recovery planning
- Capable of assessing talent, managing performance and making tough decisions
- Excellent program management, organizational design, execution planning and control competencies
- Embrace and demonstrate leadership beyond ownership
- Influential leader able to partner, energize, and inspire
- Proven communication, coaching, and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated professional able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Skilled at working in a pressured environment while not compromising on the quality of the service provided
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Represent the organization across all levels and all communication medium
- Seasoned and highly experienced at leading within a large, global organization
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.