Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Director, Learning & Development
Responsible for overseeing Learning and Development initiatives across assigned area(s) to maximize performance and meet business goals. Manages and communicates data to assist business partners with making strategic learning decisions and to increase productivity, quality, effectiveness, and retention.
Participates in the development of high quality, cost-effective learning programs. Provides leadership and direction for team which may include multiple functional areas. Develops and implements strategies for functional area(s). Oversees learning requests and partners with the appropriate college to request curriculum, as needed. May manage teams of professionals. May have responsibility for developing and managing budget.
- Manages the ongoing development and trainer certification(s) of Comcast University instructors, managers, and/or program managers. Evaluates current Comcast University employee performance metrics and identifies performance improvement opportunities.
- Manages the development of program evaluation methods (i.e., completion rates, content quality, class fill rate, instructor productivity, delivery of content and other key success metrics).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training programs through surveys, reporting, and monitoring of the linkage between curriculum and improved learner job performance.
- Implements, develops, and maintains course materials and resources, and integrates new course content into delivery plans
- Evaluates employee knowledge, skills, and abilities on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with University staff, senior management, and other business leaders to assess, develop, and deliver on identified training needs.
- Partners with senior leaders to develop and execute communication plans that inform, set expectations, and facilitate discussion on training needs and solutions.
- Maintains and communicates training delivery forecasts that meet the needs of business partners, while maximizing resources.
- Promotes and markets learning solutions to improve usage and cost/value expectations.
- Participates in budget and billing processes as assigned. Oversees Time and Expense Reports as well as ProCard Expenses for team.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 10+ years experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer