McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
We are seeking a Director of Laboratory Consulting to maintain day-to-day communication with the Lab consulting team, assist in new lead conference calls with internal customers/leadership and new and existing external customers, compilation of site/service related specific proposals and contracts and assist the VP in review of team and individual revenue and utilization rate goals. Position Description
The Director of Laboratory Consulting will maintain day-to-day communication with consulting team, assist in new lead conference calls with internal customers/leadership and new and existing external customers, compilation of site/service related specific proposals and contracts and assist the VP in review of team and individual revenue and utilization rate goals. The Director will manage funnel list in conjunction with the Lab Equipment Specialist (LES) and Lab Point of Care (LPOC) team and will coordinate opportunities between the LSS and Consultant.
- Provides day to day communication with consultant team, LES and LPOC team, sales leaders and account managers to assist in development of laboratory setup, ongoing assistance and customized projects for standardization and efficiency of the laboratory setting. May include conference calls, meetings or one-to-one correspondence through phone and email
- Provides assistance in compilation of proposals and contracts customized to individual customer site and needs. May include introductory phone call and/or meeting with sales rep and customer to provide details of proposed project.
- Assists in the compilation of slide decks for presentations to customers including health systems, corporate accounts and Level 4 labs. May also provide presentations for COLA symposiums, LabDAQ Users groups or other organizations requesting breakout presentations on Laboratory Setup and Consulting. Presents or assists in the presentations to these groups.
- Reviews consultant and team goals and targets weekly with follow-up report to VP monthly. Monitors funnel list between LES, LPOC and Consultant teams for areas of opportunity.
- Acts as liaison to McKesson Lab Solutions, LES and LPOC teams through communication with Area Sales Managers in hospital, reference lab, primary care and extended care settings.
- 5+ years sales/sales support experience+ 2 years management experience
- 4 years clinical laboratory experience (prior technologist, manager, supervisor, director or consultant) or minimum four years sales experience directly related to the sale of clinical laboratory equipment, setup of clinical laboratory in the physician office, urgent care, retail clinic, reference laboratory or health system setting
- CLIA (federal) regulatory standards
- Understanding of individual state regulatory state standards and licensure
- Ability to manage monthly P&L
- Knowledge of Lab Equipment
- Knowledge and relationships of laboratory related manufacturers and vendors
- Prior experience as a medical technologist preferred or business/sales experience related to the sale, setup and ongoing compliance and maintenance of the clinical laboratory
- 4- year degrees in business, related field or equivalent experience or specialized sales training
- BA or BS preferred in a Science related field
- General Office Demands
- Ability to travel via automobile and domestic air up to 70%
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Job Specifics
Job Family Title: SALES SUPPORT MANAGER 2