McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Apply extensive analytical, technical and leadership expertise toward managing LAB projects which improve the productivity and growth of the Lab organization. This role will work closely with LAB leadership and cross functional teams, managing project schedules, identifying risks, and communicating closely with project stakeholders.
Work with internal teams to manage multiple, simultaneous projects from inception through completion to include:
Develop sales model for account managers to include territory management tools and penetration information.
Work with the technology and sales effectiveness teams to develop tools to enhance performance. Examples include business review tool and territory management tools.
- Gather requirements, define proper project scopes, find resources and manage resource allocation for projects. Work with stakeholders to develop project roles, expectations, and responsibilities and establish well-defined milestones.
- Work effectively across intersections and through roadblocks to drive projects to completion and manage communication of progress/status with stakeholder groups. Own and nurture relationships with project stakeholders.
- Continue to manage/support our CRM and reporting tools with current third party vendor. Work with Sales and Sales Effectiveness teams to define business requirements for additional tools to include assessing where existing McKesson technologies can be leveraged
- 8+ years experience in designing, building, and implementing business solutions.
- Significant experience in project management.
- Proven ability to deliver project results in a fast-paced, dynamic structure with aggressive timelines
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects in a complex environment
- Proven ability to lead change management efforts and
- Ability to identify and drive process improvement/efficiency opportunities and continue to improve cost leverage for the business
- Successful track record leading cross functional projects having a measureable impact to Sales, Marketing and back office functions.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with a rapidly-changing environment
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Executive level communication and collaboration skills
- High detail orientation with the ability to see the big picture
- Ability to anticipate problems and identify alternative solutions
- Six sigma background preferred
- Leadership experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships with cross-functional and remote teams, at all levels of the organization, both internally and with clients
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills; able to prioritize and manage many simultaneous tasks and priorities
- Ability to influence people and resources to ensure timely completion of tasks
- 4-year degree in related field or equivalent experience
- MBA Preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- 25% travel
- McKesson office-based Richmond
- Large percentage of time performing computer based work is required
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please
McKesson is in business for better health.