Director, Lifecycle Management - CSS
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing. The CSS Group is committed to delivering innovative products, solutions and programs to address unmet customer and patient needs around the world. Our customers and the patients they treat are our first priority and these values are reflected in Our Credo, which guides our daily decisions and actions. Our relentless commitment to Quality and the principles that define us in Our Credo have helped us achieve significant milestones and continues to help us deliver significant growth year after year.Position Description:
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a CSS Lifecycle Management Director, located in Irvine, CA.
The Director, Lifecycle Management will be responsible for:
• Having a strong technical engineering ability to support and guide staff with respect to lifecycle management projects being executed
• Working with strategic marketing, regulatory, new product development and supply chain technical groups to ensure readiness to react to market / customer requirements and deliver on product life cycle projects and innovations
• Working closely with the MAKE and Plan organizations to ensure resource needs and constraints are understood and supported ensuring availability of product supply to our customers.
• Ensuring robust lifecycle management strategy is in place for CSS to: drive continuous improvement of current products, ensure a proactive approach to issues and external influences, improve process capability.
• Prioritizing and managing the total project portfolio, providing leadership and/or support to life cycle projects and all related changes.
• Anticipating potential risks, developing corresponding contingency plans, and managing important unplanned events or disruptions.
• Understanding efficiencies/inefficiencies across the businesses to make improvements to LCM governance, governance, prioritization, templates, tracking and metrics to support on-time launches and availability of product supply to our customers.
• Understanding opportunities for possible synergies with the businesses, while keeping in mind the uniqueness of each business
• Participating and contributing to the Sales & Operations Planning process.
• Escalating and managing of supply events and partnering with the Quality organization to ensure robust CAPAs and NCRs
• Providing leadership to develop a robust pipeline of technical managers and engineers
• Having a strong partnership with New Product Development Leaders across CSS
• Ensuring optimal leverage of the Product Management COE team
• Ensuring proper collaboration of the LCM team with finance to ensure that projects finances are properly understood, accurate, and maintained throughout the project.
• Partnering with CSS leaders to ensure proper financial inputs resulting in a robust strategic planning and business planning
• Partnering with the PMO leader to ensure metrics and reporting analytics are optimal and robust for LCM
• Influencing in a highly matrixed environmentQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other technical field is required
• An advanced Engineering Degree or MBA is required
Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of ten (10) years in a medical device or related business is required
• A minimum of four (4) years of project management is required, a PMP or FPX certification preferred
• A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in technical engineering support is preferred
• NPD/Lifecycle engineering, Manufacturing engineering or quality engineering experience is required
• Experience in life cycle engineering maintained design intent is preferred
• A Black Belt (BB) certification in DMAIIC or DMADVV is preferred. Green Belt in Lean is preferred.Other:
• This position may require up to 30% percent travel, domestic or international.Primary Location
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt