Director, Managed Markets Programs (Job Number: 023305)
Specialty Pharmacy - Str16287 - 130 ENTERPRISE DR
130 ENTERPRISE DR
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Director Managed Markets Programs is responsible for overseeing all enterprise specialty strategies, products, and services impacting payer clients and other specialty pharmacy stakeholders. Position will interface with external health plan and health system leaders, employers, consultants and other executive leaders to deepen specialty pharmacy business relationships. Will lead the vision and execution/operations of payer products including designing clinical and financial reporting, cost intervention programs, consulting services, pipeline research, case management services and the development of clinical program standards. Position will anticipate future drug and industry trends and developments, and communicate implications both internally and externally. Position will work collaboratively with other functions with WBA both domestically and internationally. Job Responsibilities
- Develop and lead marketable specialty pharmacy consultative products sold into managed markets customer base.
- Drive content generation of specialty drug training materials for the managed market sales and clinical director teams including conceptualizing the key messages for the sales and clinical teams
- Develop specialty pharmacy client reporting standards for the company and stand-alone data driven solutions of interest to managed markets clients.
- Works with IT partners to develop enterprise-wide technology solutions necessary for business operations and growth.
- Assures Enterprise IT platform capabilities exist to provide necessary functionality and data collection needed to stay competitive in the market.
- Communicates Walgreens Enterprise client needs and expectations throughout the organization - initiates projects, assigns work, provides coaching to assigned staff throughout a project's lifecycle.
- Monitors external information flow for competitive intelligence purposes. Anticipates future competitor, customer, and industry needs and circumstances, and develops programs that appropriately position Walgreens for the future.
- Develop and maintain executive level relationship with key industry stakeholders - including health plans, consultants, and employers to drive new business and client retention.
- Present at national conferences representing the Walgreens enterprise views on relevant industry trends and Walgreens' suite of services.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise Specialty Pharmacy Drug List for corporate division and operational purposes.
- Provide subject matter expertise for RFI and RFP needs. Represent Walgreens at key customer meetings and best and final presentations.
- Generate new business opportunities through leading client facing sales-based activities. Provide support to the sales and account management teams for all client-facing value proposition needs.
- Provide business-owner regulatory opinion on developing industry and legislative trends. Work with governmental relations staff and lobbyists to assure Walgreens needs are appropriately represented at the legislative level.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy (minimum) or PharmD, at least 10 years of experience in pharmacy practice with at least 8 years of experience within a pharmacy benefit management or health plan administration environment.
- Required licensure as an RPh as granted by the appropriate state licensing authority.
- Experience utilizing pharmacy, clinical and health plan/PBM systems.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience communicating both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to various audiences (work group, team, company management, prospective acquisitions, external clients).
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
*LI-AT1 Employment type
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.