Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is recruiting for a Director, Manufacturing and Packaging to be located in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Director, Manufacturing and Packaging:
• Ensures quality and compliance in all actions.
• Attends GMP trainings on the schedule designated for the role and as appropriate for the role.
• Adheres to strict compliance with procedures applicable to the role.
• Exercises the highest level of integrity in the tasks performed.
• In a timely and prompt manner, identifies, reports and seeks correction for deviations noted in the workplace.
• Embraces a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
• Ensures employees under the scope of responsibility are trained in required procedures
• For the execution of their role and maintains current with training requirements during the year.
• Promotes an environment of employee involvement in the workplace.
• Seeks prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace as noted by employees.
• Assures job descriptions are discussed with employees within the first five days of hiring, when the job descriptions have been revised or as needed, and submits the attendance sheet to the administrative assistant/coordinator of the area for processing. (Applicable only to the supervisory level)
• Assures trainings in the assigned tasks have been delivered prior to execution.
• Acts in accordance to the principles expressed in Our Credo and the Quality Statement in all negotiations and activities within and outside the company, and assures these are met.
• Provides strategic direction and executes operations-wide strategies and objectives.
• Drives strategic projects to optimize supply chain, drive sustainable compliance, meet consent decree I Workplan requirements, improve competitiveness and move the organization to a world-class benchmark.
• Partners with and drives supporting functions to include quality assurance, human resources, finance, planning, as well as safety and environmental to ensure execution, compliance, and proper reporting.
• Leads and provides direction to Managers in the attainment of operations goals; compliance and customer service.
• Develops monitors and effectively utilizes dashboards, control charts and operational indicators.
• Takes action to correct those situations which are not in line with established controls or targets.
• Effectively manages human, material, and capital resources to meet quality, customer service, financial, EH&S, and product and process improvement targets.
• Works diligently to significantly reduce all forms of critical defects and as part of a wider integrated product recall prevention plan.
• Strives to completely eliminate compliance, operational and regulatory risks on a permanent basis.
• Develops and sustains a culture of continuous improvement in product and process quality.
• Serves as Management Representative for the plant concerning GMP and FDA requirements.
• Ensures the Quality System is regularly reviewed and that appropriate preventive and corrective actions are identified and executed to improve quality results.
• Ensures fulfillment of all safety, Occupational Health, industrial hygiene, environmental and employment requirements.
• Develops and successfully monitor the plant to meet or exceed the agreed business plan. Drives identification and successfully implement cost improvement projects (CIP's).
• Fulfills all business plan financial, cash flow, and other obligations.
• Uses Six Sigma and Lean tools effectively and creates a culture that ensures all levels of management are effectively using these tools along with credible and simple metrics to significantly improve business results.
• Provides direction and ensures human resources calendar activities are completed effectively and on a timely basis. Recommends and implement employee development programs to raise the organization's capabilities.
• Develops solid succession plans that have "ready now" individuals for all direct reports and other key positions.
• Creates a compelling work environment in which every individual is valued and recognized for their contribution to our success.
• Sets priorities and keeps other focused on the most critical goals and objectives.
• Builds and continues to develop a strong, solid, cohesive extended operations leadership team. Aligned, inclusive and confident in openly challenging the leader and each other.
• Work with the leadership in the culture transformation thru the engagement in continuous improvement initiatives such as kaizen teams, idea program, and BE certifications.
• Partner with the leadership team to ensure the development and deployment of the site objectives (business cascade) Provide leadership/direction for the execution of the Lean roadmap.
• Sets direction and leads projects for operational and process improvement, such as Zero Defect Initiative, J&J Production System, and Consent Decree adherence.Qualifications
• A minimum Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master Degree and/or a degree focused in Health Sciences, or Technical Engineering preferred.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of overall business experience is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience leading other leaders is required.
• Experience in multiple functions such as Operations, Engineering, Maintenance, Materials Management, supply chain/logistics, Quality, and/or other related operations functions are highly preferred.
• Experience in remediation of a consent decree or warning letter is preferred.
• Knowledgeable in cGMPs and pharmaceutical industry applicable regulations.
• Process Excellence/Six Sigma certifications are preferred.
• Ability effectively manage performance and engage employees.
• This position is based in Lancaster, PA and may require up to 5% of domestic and international travel.Primary Location
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function