More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
The primary purpose of the Director Market Segmentation - Asian is to support the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy and identify opportunities for long-term growth for the Segment with market size of 8 billion and annual revenues and profits in excess of $450 million. The Director Market Segmentation - Asian must have a strong knowledge of the Asian cultures, category usage and Food Service environment. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute short and long-term business plans that align with Sysco's business strategy, vision and approach to the Asian Segment
- Specify market requirements and appropriate product positioning for current and future products by conducting market research supported by Customer and Market insights, competitor analysis, and on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Leads cross functional teams across our operating company's Sales, Marketing and Merchandizing groups to help optimize our annual promotions, food shows, targeted customer events, and the business review process.
- Stay abreast of trends impacting the Asian business, monitor competitive activities and understand the key aspects of core Sysco brands and their potential within the Asian marketplace.
- Maintains constant and concise communication with both field sales and key suppliers personnel in developing, executing and evaluating the effectiveness of all sales related programs at the field level
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree a plus
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- 10+ years Sales experience with demonstrable growth, and leadership attributes in a professional environment
- 5+ years related Food & Beverage, Food Services or Consumer Goods industry experience required
- The Director Market Segmentation - Asian requires strong analytical skills and an ability to translate analyses into recommended action plans for Asianprograms. Program elements include promotion, products, pricing, innovation, merchandising and other key drivers of short and long term profitability and market share for Sysco's Asian business.
- Strong communicator with solid presentation skills and excellent relationship-building capabilities (customers/internal stakeholders)
- Strong understanding of cultural differences and needs related to Asian customers.
- In-depth knowledge of Asian food products
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
A little about us: