Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
MetLife is looking for Product Marketing Director to join a dynamic team of individuals who are committed to putting the customer at the center of everything we do by making insurance smarter, easier and more accessible. As part of the MetLife Direct team, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills, discover your potential, and wear many hats while you help us keep pace with our rapid expansion into new markets.
As a Product Marketing Manager/Director, you’ll be responsible for developing and driving the marketing strategy, plan and implementation of innovative products and services that deliver on the MetLife Direct customer value proposition. You’ll be the subject matter expert on the product portfolio, and be synthesizing that with expertise on our target consumers and our existing customers - how they buy and their buying criteria.
You will lead a team and have influence in defining the direction of cross-functional projects that will have substantial impact on MetLife Direct’s financial performance and how the brand is perceived in the marketplace. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits are crucial. In this highly visible role, you’ll be collaborating extensively with various teams across, Marketing, Product Management Analytics, Finance, Operations, Legal, and more.
Interpret consumer insights
- Champion the product and the consumer.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative research to develop the marketing strategy and tactics to reach the target audience with relevant messages that drive engagement and sales.
- Be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria;
- Be the expert on your market landscape and dynamics, traditional and non-traditional competition and how to crush them.
- Stay ahead of emerging technologies and tech trends to keep MetLife Direct marketing ahead of the competitive landscape.
Operationalize specific products and services
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your product in the market.
- Develop strategy and product briefs that outline the consumer insight, vision, overall goals, differentiating qualities, launch plan, business case, and success measures for new products and services.
- Be the subject matter expert on Direct’s products and be able to communicate the value proposition of the products to the consumer.
- Evangelize and persuasively communicate product features and benefits to internal teams and senior management, and secure buy in from stakeholders including executive leadership.
- As a member of the Direct and U.S. Marketing team, collaborate with multiple cross functional teams including Analytics, IT, Operations, Product Management, and Legal in the implementation of products and services.
- Work with organizational peers to prepare cost benefit analyses, and business plans.
- Be the steward for the MetLife brand by ensuring that the product features deliver on the intended customer value proposition and strategic business objectives.
- Provide timely updates to various stakeholders and the senior leadership team.
- Leverage business case, market, and competitive data to assist in the prioritization of multiple projects and initiatives.
- Assist in in developing the strategy and oversee the marketing programs that drive demand for your products.
- Leverage data-driven decisions.
Define the go-to-market strategy
- Be the subject matter expert and own the development and execution of the marketing campaigns for the products and services underneath your management.
- Prioritizes product marketing initiatives by developing strategic and tactical business case and success metrics.
- Collaborate with the internal and external Advertising and Creative teams to develop assignment briefs and define the marketing communications strategy and roadmap.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Marketing.
- 3+ years’ experience leading teams in a supervisory capacity.
- 5+ years’ experience in Life, Accident and Health products.
- 5+ years’ experience in B2C marketing or product management.
- Combination of traditional and non-traditional direct to consumer marketing experience.
- Ability to solicit and synthesize customer and market feedback for actionable recommendations on positioning, messaging, and product development.
- Experience analyzing product, customer, market dynamics and opportunities.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator with key stakeholders including Product Management and Operations.
- Creative flair to bring fresh ideas into product positioning and marketing campaigns.
- Ability to create and foster a winning team culture.
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly the ability to convert complex ideas and quantitative data into simple messages.
- Proven ability to participate in and influence cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (MBA preferred).
Global Brand & Marketing
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 36502
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.