Director Marketing, ENBREL US Consumer Lead
Posted: January 12, 2017
Reference ID: R-25808
This position is responsible for leading the team and developing and executing the strategic platforms for Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) and Multi-Channel Marketing in the INBU (Inflammation and Nephrology Business Unit) for Enbrel. The Director will be responsible for partnering with Brand teams to develop and manage consumer multi-channel communications platforms, including DTC advertising (TV and Print), digital, emerging channels, in-office, in-pharmacy, CRM, adherence initiatives, and Public Relations.
This position will require considerable agency and vendor management, and matrix management across Amgen's commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises.
• Establish Consumer and Patient programs to meet brand objectives and stimulate patient demand, including developing new multichannel DTC advertising campaigns.
• Lead web strategy & development for the business unit.
• Partner with digital health team to optimize contemporary media opportunities.
• Participate as a key member of the brand team and lead cross-functional consumer project teams.
• Manage creative agency to develop creative assets
• Manage media agency to develop and execute consumer media plans.
• Manage online agency to develop and execute online media and creative plans.
• Manage outside vendors and agencies to execute DTC projects.
• Work with market research within BAI (Business Analysis & Info) group to develop and execute research and measurement testing needed to develop strategy, programs, and measure expected returns/success.
• Work with medical, legal and regulatory groups to translate clinical data into compelling promotional messaging.
• Manage significant budgets and closely monitoring performance, ensure cost effective delivery of all programs
• Monitor DTC industry landscape to capture industry best practice.
• Work closely with Corporate Affairs to develop and integrate public relations consumer strategies
• Agency and vendor management, and matrix management across Amgen's commercial, medical, legal, and regulatory enterprises.
Doctorate degree and 4 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
Master's degree and 8 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of marketing and/or sales management experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
• 8+ years of marketing/advertising experience in a healthcare setting with exposure to consumer audiences, TV and digital channel
• Experience in developing multichannel DTC campaigns
• Experience in measuring DTC impact and results through advanced analytics.
• Track record of innovation using TV and Digital channels
• Successful supervisory experience (including cross-functional management)
• Agency & vendor management experience.
• Strong grasp of marketing, strategy, tactical plan development, marketing research, advertising, sales promotion, and patient frame of reference.
• Successful management of significant budget
• Inflammation therapeutic area specific experience
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.