Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Marketing Operations is one of five teams located at the global center within Global Brand & Marketing (GBM) at MetLife. This team enables the company’s practice of global marketing by creating the structures and frameworks necessary to efficiently manage finite resources (e.g., budgets, people, time, management attention, etc.) against the company’s top marketing priorities to drive success. This small team of highly engaged and capable professionals is led by the VP, Marketing Operations/Chief of Staff for the company’s Global Chief Marketing Officer and often operates as an extension of the office of the CMO with an expansive and exciting view of MetLife’s marketing initiatives across the full Enterprise.
The Marketing Operations team develops and leads the implementation and adoptions of tools, processes and programs designed to:
- Ensure that the company’s marketing priorities are clearly aligned with its business priorities
- Marshal continuous focus on key strategic priorities
- Foster integration, prioritization and coordination of marketing efforts across MetLife’s nearly 50 geographic markets and vertically between global, regional and local level teams
- Realize synergies and resource savings by discovering overlaps, efficiencies and opportunities for cross-market cooperation
- Ensure appropriate allocation of the organization’s resources to support business needs
- Develop the business acumen and continuous improvement of marketing capability within MetLife’s marketing teams at the local, regional and global levels.
The Director of Marketing Resource Management reports the VP, Marketing Operations & Chief of Staff to the Global CMO and plays an important role in managing the marketing investments MetLife makes around the globe. The incumbent is responsible for:
- Managing and continuously improving the global budget management process, including nomenclature, for categorizing and tracking marketing investments at the local, regional and global levels
- Partnering with the Finance Department to ensure reconciled tracking and accounting for marketing budgets across nearly 40 markets in all four regions
- Developing and managing proper departmental financial controls and routines to ensure GBM does not exceed its allocated annual budget and maintains the financial resources needed to successfully execute against key priorities and all of its planned activities
- Managing a global center marketing budget of over $140 million
- Contributing to the annual Global Marketing Planning Process by ensuring that budgets at every level of the organization are organized clearly and consistently
- Working with the GBM Senior Leadership Team (GBM SLT) and other members of the Marketing Operations team, seeks opportunities to realize synergies and efficiencies in resource management during the annual planning process and throughout the year
- Partnering with Human Resources and Finance to ensure transparency into the financial impact of the department’s “people costs” within a fluid and dynamic environment of new hires and turn-over
- Effectively reporting the department’s resource management status (financial and HR) to marketing leadership in all regions and at the global and local levels
- Partnering with AVP, Marketing Planning and Portfolio Management to tabulate and organize various metrics that are included in GBM’s quarterly Dedicated Business Review (DBR)—a reporting tool that is used MetLife’s CEO and CFO
- Leading the management of office space in MetLife’s 5-6 different locations for GBM associates based in the U.S.
- Supporting the VP, Marketing Operations/Chief of Staff on all matters related to finance, accounting, financial reporting and resource management
- Lead ad hoc special project at the request of the VP, Marketing Operations/Chief of Staff
- 8+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Marketing. If no marketing experience, must possess high interest in working in a marketing organization.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do spirit and ability to work and thrive in an evolving and fast paced, high pressure environment
- Strong organizational skills; able to multi-task effectively
- Strong results-orientation
- Capable of distilling large amounts of data into clearly concise stories
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail
- Excels at leading and influencing distributed global teams in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior executives around the globe
- Ability to lead and manage large-scale projects
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration, and partnership with a willingness to proactively coach, facilitate, share knowledge, and be the advocate for a changing organization
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Marketing or equivalent, MBA preferred
Global Brand & Marketing
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 55941