This role is accountable for the development of Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) expertise in beverage industry dynamics and competitive intelligence. The Director of Marketplace Intelligence will provide CCNA with perspectives on current/future industry trends and insights on key competitors. Furthermore, this role will highlight the CCNA implications of the industry/competitive information. This role will deliver actionable insights using existing internal intelligence in addition to supplemental data analysis. Responsibilities will span across all NARTD categories and routes-to-market to facilitate and enable CCNA strategy development.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Function as a "first-stop" internal CCNA resource for industry/competitive intelligence inquiries
• Distill insights and publish regular (~quarterly) & ad-hoc PowerPoint updates for CCNA leadership (Competitive + Marketplace updates may be combined)
• Develop unique "storyline" for each update in addition to more standardized information
• Monitor internal and external reports to aggregate key competitor information with CCNA relevance
• Understand competitor growth strategies (e.g. Innovation, retail strategy, trade investment, etc.)
• Ensure up-to-date competitive intelligence/assumptions are shared with appropriate teams to inform strategy and business plan developments
• Develop perspectives on current and emerging marketplace dynamics (e.g., category growth, ingredient trends)
• Perform custom data analyses to quantify trends and distill insights impacting CCNA's strategy and actions
• Stay informed on potential CCNA implications of key legislative and regulatory developments
QUALIFICATIONS / COMPENTENCIES / SKILLS:
• Effective communicator - "tell a story" with concise wording and compelling slide design
• Strong analytical skills - research and distill large datasets with key strategic implications
• Willing collaborator - able to build relationships across CCNA at all levels
• Strategic thinking - demonstrate experience as a thought partner with a "nose for value" to highlight most important messages
• Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree (e.g., MBA) preferred with broad market research, business and economic knowledge
• 6-8+ years of experience in strategy and/or business development and market research in consumer-oriented industries
• CCNA and/or bottling system knowledge/experience is helpful but not mandatory
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.