MountainView Hospital is a state of the art, full service medical facility located in the heart of Northwest Las Vegas, one of the fastest growing areas in the Valley. With a dedicated and talented staff of employees and outstanding physicians, MountainView Hospital is recognized for high patient satisfaction and for providing quality and compassionate care to our community since 1996. MountainView features nationally recognized programs including a top cardiovascular thoracic center, the renowned Las Vegas Institute for Robotic Surgery, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Certified Stroke Center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, urology and gynecological services, orthopedics, vascular care and inpatient rehabilitation unit. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children's Hospital, Southern Hills Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers offering a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
The Nurse Director is a registered professional nurse who participates as an active administrative member of the Nursing Management Team. The Nurse Director assumes 24-hour responsibility in directing and coordinating safe, efficient, and therapeutically effective nursing care for patients on the assigned unit/department.
1. Demonstrates/verbalizes knowledge of position/description evaluations and scope of practice as defined in State of Nevada Nurse Practice Act and hospital and nursing care for patients on the assigned unit/department
2. Demonstrates/verbalizes knowledge of and complies with hospital and Nursing Service Service mission, vision, goals, policies, protocols and procedures
3. Participates in and complies with the hospitals service excellence/patient experience program.
4. Able to identify and manage staff behaviors that are not in alignment with ICARE standards, regulations, hospital process, protocols, policies and procedures.
5. Maintains current competency with nursing skills required for the assigned unit/department and demonstrates knowledge regarding Standards of Care an Standards of Practice in the assigned area.
6. Assist in the management of unit budget
7. Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development over life span and possesses ability to assess data reflective of patient status and interpret appropriate information needed to identify patient requirements relative to his/her age specific needs.
8. Delegates functions in compliance with hospital and nursing service policies, processes protocols and procedures
9. Maintains calmness in a crisis situation and directs staff members appropriately
10. Assist in helping to drive local and organizational wide initiatives
11. Provides safe and effective patient care based upon the nursing process, standards of practice and in compliance with hospital policies, protocols and procedures as indicated.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Education: • Graduate of school of a nursing required
• BSN Required or will be completed within 6 months of hire
• MSN Preferred
• Current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada required
• Obtains National Certification within 1 year
• Current valid CPR issued American Heart Association
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom