Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Augusta, Georgia
Posted: November 28, 2017
Reference ID: 01417-8482
Doctors Hospital is located in Augusta, Georgia, the state's second largest and oldest city, and is home of the annual Masters Golf Tournament. Doctors Hospital is nationally known for our Burn Center, the largest in the U.S. We have also been recognized as a top performing hospital by the Joint Commission, Cancer Center accredited by the American College of Surgeons, Chest Pain Accredited, earned the Joint Commission's certificate of distinction for total hip and total knee replacement and spinal fusion surgery, and we are the only CARF accredited facility in our area.
We have a growth strategy in trauma and emergency services, having recently obtained Level III Designation and working toward Level II which has led to a great deal of growth in our Dialysis program. With that, w e are looking for a new Registered Nurse (RN) Director of Med/Surg/Renal to direct and oversee the staff of our 28-bed, 4East Med/Surg/Renal Unit as well as oversee the 5-bed dialysis suite on the floor. The new Director will report directly to the CNO and be solely responsible for the operation of the Med/Surg/Renal Unit while working closely with the Manager of Dialysis to oversee things there.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Working to ensure that patient care is provided according to policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Responsible for staffing a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care and assures the qualifications and competence of those staff members meet the needs of patient care services.
- Overseeing orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all persons in their departments.
- Ensuring that patient care is provided according to policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Responsible for interviewing and selection, retention, disciplinary actions and terminations of department employees in conjunction with the Vice President and Human Resources.
- Providing input to the CNO regarding space/equipment recommendations, budgetary needs, and other resources needed by the department.
- Managing productivity and efficiency targets and overseeing employee time records
- Assuring compliance with regulatory and professional guidelines and reporting pertinent data in a timely manner
- Organizing and coordinating staffing between units to maximize employee productivity
- Facilitating coordination with other departments and medical staff offices to streamline patient throughput
- Managing Departmental Fiscal Responsibilities
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required, Master's Degree is preferred
Licensure/Certification: Current GA RN License
Experience: 2-3 years Med/Surg experience and 3-5 years management experience