At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Renal Cardio Medical Science Liaison/Sr. MSL, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
The Director Medical Alignment (DMA) is a member of the Renal Cardio Brand Core Medical Teams, and is responsible for the development and execution of the Brand Medical Plans. The DMA is accountable for all Medical Affairs components of the Brand Medical Plan, and for ensuring alignment of US Medical Affairs Customer Facing Role scientific activities in support of the brand objectives.
You will be accountable for the design and execution of the Medical Affairs components of the Brand Medical Plan. Define Medical Affairs Customer segmentation, targeting, and deployment. Responsibilities include development and delivery of appropriate scientific messaging and education to key customers; development and execution of scientific and educational programs aligned with the Brand Medical Plan; delivery of medical and scientific insight back to the Renal Cardio Brand Teams; and identification and targeting of key clinical investigators for key clinical trials.
You will forecast and coordinate Medical Affairs resources and services. Represent the key interface between the needs of the US KOLs and other clinical decision makers and Brand Team through interactions with all Medical Affairs functions. You will be a member of the Brand Leadership Team. Plan and manage Medical Affairs budget allocated by Brand Team (travel, training, vendor management, etc). Lead the Customer Engagement Team for the brand Core Medical Team prioritize and focus Medical Affairs resources on key deliverables. Accountable for the optimal strategy for appropriate use of medical information by the Medical Affairs team. Accountable for providing U.S. customer view to Brand Teams in order to develop customer-led strategies and development plans. Internal Contacts/Customers
- Senior Director Medical Affairs
- Medical Leads
- Medical Information Managers
- Medical Science Liaisons and Regional Directors
- Commercial Brand Leader and Brand Managers/Directors
- Brand Medical Directors
- Regulatory Affairs Directors
- Global Brand Team
- Key Opinion Leaders
- Clinical Decision Makers
- National Medical Associations
- Advanced degree in science-related field, such as Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, or equivalent
- >3 years managing programs in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of medical strategy, clinical development, and medical science liaison areas
- Ability to manage a diverse group of responsibilities
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Leadership abilities
- Expert technical depth in disease area
- Strategic influencing skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed initiative ability
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Doctorate in Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Medicine, or equivalent
- Renal Cardio disease experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a strategy-setting role within Medical Affairs
- Global experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Working knowledge of FDA requirements
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Knowledge of information/technology systems
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca