At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people. As a Director, MedImmune Finance, in Gaithersburg, MD, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Director, MedImmune Finance will serve as the Global Business Partner for the Research Function and Oncology iMed organizations and report directly to the Vice President, MedImmune Finance. This role will serve as the key finance contact for these areas of the business and drive all required decision support activities as well as financial planning, reporting, and analysis. This Finance Leader is expected to develop a deep understanding of the business and become a highly valued business partner able to influence the R&D Leadership teams assigned in a collaborative fashion. Finally, this role is expected to lead a variety of projects which may span well beyond the assigned function.
In this exciting role, you will have responsibility of Global Head of Finance for the Research Function and Oncology iMed , and you will be a member of the MedImmune Finance senior leadership team, as well as the Research Leadership Team and Oncology Leadership Team. You will manage global activities for assigned business units operating from California, Maryland, and Cambridge, UK, and coordinate, prepare, and communicate the quarterly forecasts, annual operating plan, 3 year IMED business plans, and annual update to the 10 year strategic plan. Responsibilities will include overseeing the monthly financial close process for client functions, reviewing, analyzing, and reporting on monthly financial results, and providing financial modeling, analysis and decision support for all significant initiatives/decisions including portfolio valuations and inbound as well as outbound business development deals. You will interface with the Innovative Medicines and Global Medicines Development R&D finance functions as required to enhance communication, information flow, and alignment, and interact / coordinate routinely across all AstraZeneca Finance functions, ensuring compliance with all required accounting policies, procedures, standards, and processes. Reporting directly to the Vice President, MedImmune Finance with matrix reporting to the senior leaders in the global R&D functions, you will have accountability to maintain an effective internal control environment as established by MedImmune and AstraZeneca. The ability for occasional travel is necessary.Essential Requirements
- 7-10 years of progressive finance management experience, including team leadership / supervision
- Demonstrated business partnering success interacting with, and influencing Executive Leadership
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance
- Master of Business Administration, or equivalent preferred
This role will be filled at Career Level GNext Steps - Apply today!
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a complex, global environment while appreciating and respecting cultural and organizational diversity
- Organizational agility -- builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships; organizationally savvy
- Customer focus -- dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Strong knowledge of financial modeling and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and generally accepted accounting principles
- Intellectual and analytical capabilities -- deals exceptionally well with developing concepts and initiatives, complexity, ambiguity and multiple priorities
- Decision quality -- makes good decisions on a timely basis; balances analysis, experience and judgment
- Strong bias for action and results
- Integrity and trust -- unwavering commitment to "doing the right thing"
- Motivating and developing -- creates a positive, direct environment that fosters teamwork, personal development and actionable feedback
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law . AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.