Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for Director Mental Wellbeing & Work Life Effectiveness located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
This position is responsible for leading innovation in the area of Mental Wellbeing (MWB) and Work Life Effectiveness (WLE) to define a global enterprise strategy to support our ambition to become the healthiest company and be the employer of choice. The strategies, programs and services are aimed to maintain and further J&J as a global leader in caring for the health and mental wellbeing of our employees. This position contributes to strategic planning for Global Health Services (GHS), integrating mental and behavioral health into a holistic approach that supports all dimensions of health and performance. Connecting and integrating links between mental well-being, behavioral health and related work/life resources with return to work/accommodations, Occupational Health services, wellness, energy management programs, crisis management and organizational change management.
S/he is an influential leader who embeds and positions MWB and WLE as a business imperative to drive improved business outcomes, employee engagement and health. S/he is a change leader who creates heightened organizational engagement on human health and performance to deeply embed a strong culture of health across the organization. The role requires a focus on stakeholder and customer engagement across all parts and levels of the organization.
- Develops global MWB, vision, strategy and resources to support the health and wellbeing of employees and families; and to position J&J as a recognized global leader
- Integrates the WLE strategy into the overarching MWB strategy
- Leads the development of mental well-being and WLE policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines to support employees’ mental wellbeing and health as a business imperative.
- Develops talent and resources to provide technical expertise and solutions globally on all aspects of mental wellbeing, EAP and WLE
- Leads the effort globally to identify, develop and/or source tools and resources to build the competencies of GHS, HR, managers, employees and others on accessing and using mental wellbeing and WLE services and solutions.
- Developing and leading implementation of company-wide initiatives and training programs relating to mental wellbeing, behavioral health, change management, employee assistance, and work/life effectiveness.
- Leverages global data and insights to create/improve global MWB & WLE programs. Analyzes data from multiple sources to identify risks and corrective actions to mitigate risks, improve the work environment/culture and mental health and work/life trends.
- Develops, tracks and reports metrics on MWB vendor outcomes, success and financial metrics
- Working with the Regional GHS leads drives an aggressive effort to fully integrate mental wellbeing and WLE services and solutions into the business and to ensure a clear accountability framework that empowers delivery that is efficient, cost effective and business aligned.
- Ensures business leaders and HR/Employee Relations have access to expert advice on managing difficult workplace situations.
- Supports the business and ensures appropriate advice and support for critical incidents that can impact employee safety, morale and mental wellbeing.
- Collaborates across GHS and Global Benefits to develop marketing strategies and materials for mental wellbeing, EAP, work/life and related programs and services.
- Accountable for strategic global vendor relationships and vendor management activities. Including overseeing the selection of key vendors providing mental wellbeing, EAP and Work/Life services and solutions. In addition supports GHS regional teams and others in managing and ensuring quality and effective provision of these services.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in mental health and wellness required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in Behavioral Sciences or equivalent health field (Psychology, Wellness & Health Promotion, or related field) preferred.
- Experience managing mental wellbeing programs in an organizational/business environment preferred.
- Experience in implementing programs and services across large complex organizations preferred.
- Multinational global company experience preferred.
- Ability to lead initiatives that address organizational matters involving change, stress, conflict, and critical incidents required.
- Experience with employee assistance programs preferred.
- Strong analytical abilities, demonstrated by the ability to think and act strategically required.
- Experience in strategic planning required.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and employees and lead project teams required.
- Outstanding leadership; ability to gain trust and influence at all levels; collaborative required.
- Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment required.
- This position requires up to 25% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)Job Function
Health & Safety
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.