Director, Mortgage Capital Markets Command Center
The Company: Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
The Role: As a Director, of the Mortgage Capital Markets (MCM) Command Center, you will report directly to the VP, Head of Capital Markets and be involved in all things Capital Markets, Default from working with Operations across the business unit, internal to MCM and Secondary to delivering on key initiatives in partnership with number of cross functional teams.
Responsibilities of a Director, MCM Command Center:
- - Leading moderate to large complex projects and programs by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and direct reports.
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements
- Ensuring projects are being documented appropriately to mitigate risk and to be delivered on time.
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Leading a team of possible project managers, business analysts, process managers, product managers and TECH to deliver business results
The person will:
-Exhibit incredible forward lean, demonstrate very high project management expertise, is data driven and also have incredible interpersonal skills
-They need to be able to influence without direct control, have difficult conversations without getting rattled, be able to say “No” or what is required to “make it happen”, and not be afraid to dive into the details of any given project
-They will not have direct people management responsibilities for the but will have incredible influence over the work they do and the way in which they do it
-Should be a very strong customer advocate and have strong executive presence
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Display a passion for coaching and developing a team of associates through their leadership style
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
- The ideal candidate should have - “CX - Customer Experience” & “EX - Execution” in their DNA
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 Years of Project Management experience
- At least 2 Years of Mortgage Servicing Experience
- At least 1 Year of People Management experience
- Masters / MBA degree
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- 3 years of People Management experience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification