Fast forward a few years into the future, imagine your resume included the following:
• Partnered with senior engineering leadership to drive adoption & usage of Microsoft 365 compliance related capabilities
• Helped customers successfully move to the cloud while navigating complex issues
• Built a multi-billion dollar business for Microsoft
• Developed a reputation as a thoughtful, strategic thinker who drives action & is well versed in modern marketing
• Grew a high performing team of product marketing managers
If you join the Microsoft 365 Suite Product Marketing team, you’ll be empowered to work on fun, impactful projects and collaborate with a strong group of marketers across the Microsoft 365 division.
We’re looking for an experienced product marketing leader to drive end-to-end marketing for compliance related capabilities in Microsoft 365. You would also lead the company marketing strategy around GDPR along with the Microsoft Trust narrative. This includes everything from messaging and positioning to digital lead generation to branding.
You will be a spokesperson and evangelist in these areas, working with customers, partners, and our sales force to drive awareness and acceptance of the robust capabilities delivered in Microsoft 365. You will manage and coach a team of talented product marketers for compliance capabilities including data governance, data access, service compliance, compliance management and eDiscovery. You will serve as a critical partner with engineering, helping ensure that the product value proposition represents what our customers want and need. You are persuasive with engineers, executives, partners and customers as you articulate complex business and technical positions, with the ability to negotiate resources with senior leaders.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
• Creating and executing our direct to customer marketing strategy and supporting content including blog posts, FAQs, screenshots, videos, slide decks
• Serving as an evangelist and subject matter expert to customers, partners, and the sales field, regularly presenting to audiences both large and small
• Partnering with senior engineering leaders to identify key customer scenarios, determine product value and prioritize areas of investment
• Partnering with cross functional teams to lead and support reviews with senior executives
• Recruiting and developing a diverse inclusive team of product marketing managers
• Partnering with integrated marketers to establish successful execution via events, online and social etc.
Skills and qualifications that will help you to succeed in the role:
• B.A. or B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (preferred), Marketing or related field
• 3+ years of experience in people management
• Experience driving successful product launches
• Self-awareness, the ability to be self-critical and a strong desire to learn/grow
• Aptitude to frame and analyze problems
• Proven capability to collaborate with and influence a varied group of stakeholders
• Experience with customer-facing messaging and content
• M.B.A. (or equivalent in related work experience)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.