Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress .JOB INFORMATION
Coordinate the business strategy and the direct day-to-day operations for a team engaged in executing Fannie Mae's investments in LIHTC transactions. Manage Syndicator relationships and develop mutual expectations in order to maximize business opportunities. In reviewing potential investments, i dentify and target potential transactions that will achieve corporate goals while developing a sound and diversified portfolio. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversee preparation, processing, and closing for new LIHTC transactions.
- Conduct Syndicator reviews and manage the overall relationship.
- Review fund prospectus that are presented and recommend desired investments. Obtain internal approvals, negotiate agreements and side letters, and close the fund.
- Monitor business unit performance. Track progress, allocate resources and workflow. Insure effective conflict resolution. Support internal and external stakeholder needs.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Demonstrate mastery of problem solving, negotiation, and presentation skills, and expertise in Multifamily Business.
- Communicate direction and priorities for the team, providing coaching and development to direct reports as well as other team members. Participate in the performance management process, in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Report to senior management on business unit's performance and activities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate is preferred
- LIHTC Multifamily experience is required
- Demonstrated experience in originating, underwriting, structuring and negotiating LIHTC investments
- Proven experience leading, guiding, managing projects and teams
- Experience managing critical projects and tight timelines
- Experience managing efficiently ever-changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.