About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
We are seeking to hire a highly motivated scientist with demonstrated expertise in myeloid biology to lead a group of 10-15 researchers in the cancer immunology group. This position is responsible for the establishing and implementing the myeloid biology research strategy in the forefront of cancer immunology - such as tumor infiltrating myeloid cells, tumor-stromal interaction, and their impact on antigen presentation or adaptive immune response.
• Contribute to overall strategy for cancer immunology at Rinat and specifically Myeloid biology
• Supervise and mentor several teams committed to delivering IND-enabling packages over the next 2-4 years
• Collaborate with immuno-oncology, protein engineering, computational biology, T cell redirecting therapy group and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials.
• Supervise a group conducting target validation for new targets
• Participate in collaboration on novel IO targets with internal and external collaborators.
• Lead the latest scientific advancements in the field as a thought leader and spokesperson for the company IO research, especially in the field of Myeloid biology
• Contribute to a culture that embraces continuous learning and development
• PhD with 10-15 years post-doctoral training preferred with significant relevant experience in cancer immunotherapy including T cell and/ or innate immunity, tumor stroma biology and specifically in Myeloid biology
• Industry experience, including regulatory agency interaction is highly desired
• Experience of target validation and candidate selection is essential
• Experience managing a large team is essential
• Knowledge of cellular and molecular immunology
• Ability to design and supervise all aspects of in vitro and in vivo cancer immunotherapy models
• Track record of publications and innovation.
• Ability to design and deliver novel solutions to challenging problems.
• Pro-active attitude and strong desire to discover novel biology and potential new drugs
• Strong oral presentation and communication skills.
Ability to perform complex data analysis
Ability to analyze and interpret work published in the field and use it to place our work in context.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
Role requires travel
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.