Janssen Supply Chain, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, New Products Leader, located in Raritan, NJ, Gurabo, Puerto Rico, Beerse, Belgium, Latina, Italy, Zug, Switzerland, or Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
The Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as its primary focus, this group strives to provides access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with their R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need.
The Director, New Products Leader will:
• Be accountable, from API to customer, for the management of all JSC activities and resources that are needed for cost-efficient tech transfer to commercial sites, global launch, and supply sustainability of a portfolio of New Products.
• Have full end-to-end accountability for the flawless transfer of new products and processes from R&D or other transferring partners into the Supply Chain (J&J or external) and the launch of products into global commercial markets, including post-launch supply continuity.
• Use project management skills to meet project goals without compromising quality, scope, budget or schedule.
• Develop, monitor, and communicate project budgets.
• Serve as leading JSC representative on the CMC teams.
• Lead global, cross-functional, multidisciplinary New Product Teams (NPT), while NPT members will execute functional activities. Leadership of the NPT will continue until the product/process knowledge has been transferred to base business, as per the Transfer of Ownership requirements
• Define with NPT project strategy and ensures execution in coordination with the CMC & Global Commercial Teams. Assures JSC deliverables to accomplish CMC milestones are met.
• Manage supply chain related risks through the development and launch readiness stages.
• Lead the NPT in identifying, mitigating, and communicating risk to management.
• Communicate supply chain risks at CMC Team level. Influences CMC teams in adequately addressing supply chain risks.
• Provide feedback to team members and their functional management on performance within the NPT.
• Communicate effectively across disciplines and companies to keep senior management and key stakeholders informed of project status, issues, conflicts, and mitigating actions as necessary.
• Build strong cross-functional synergies and partnerships within JSC, PDMS, Regulatory, Business Development, and commercial companies.
• Lead resolution of cross-functional issues and ensures team reaches decisions or escalates as required.
• Actively contribute to the further deployment and growth of the Product Management Department by challenging the status quo and defining innovative approaches to continuously improve processes, systems, and structures. Qualifications
• A Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline, advanced technical degree and/or MBA is required.
• A minimum of 12 years of business experience is required.
• Experience in at least three different areas within these functions, in Small Molecule pharmaceuticals: research and development, Planning and Supply Chain Management, Technical Operations, API/ Drug Product Manufacturing, Device Design and Control, Quality, and/or Regulatory, is required.
• A PMI Certification (or equivalent) is preferred.
• Demonstrated Project Management experience is required.
• Experience managing global projects with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, lead, and deliver results is required.
• Experience working with global, multifunctional, virtual teams is required.
• Overall working knowledge of small molecule pharmaceutical manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Compliance, Regulatory, and Product Development.
• Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries and cultures, through influence, negotiation and partnering.
• This position can be located in Raritan, NJ, Gurabo, Puerto Rico, Beerse, Belgium, Latina, Italy, Zug, Switzerland, or Schaffhausen, Switzerland, and may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.Primary Location
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Schaffhausen-Schaffhausen, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Gurabo, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy-Lazio-Latina, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-BeerseOrganization
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)Job Function
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt