Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director, North America Regional Franchise Communication Leader located in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.3 billion in 2013 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Director, North America Regional Franchise Communication Leader will support the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Franchises (Surgery/Obesity, Cardiovascular) external and internal communication strategy, planning and execution to accelerate growth. This role will advise and partner with and support Regional MD Leadership to cultivate inspired and motivated teams and accelerate growth. The North America Regional Franchise Communication Leader will also lead team resources responsible for executing the Medical Device communication strategy in these specialties.
- Develop external communications and public affairs strategies for key platforms according to business goals, strategies and priorities in alignment with Franchise Leadership and Marketing Teams at the regional level.
- Collaborate closely with MD Franchise and Stakeholder leads and GCPA centers of excellence to advance thought leadership programs, media opportunities and organizational/change communications, and manage product and platform issues in the region.
- Support plan implementation and monitor timelines, budget and measurement of results.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to the Regional Franchises Leaders enabling them to effectively communicate to key stakeholders.
- Provide organizational communications support to the Regional Franchises Leaders specific communications initiatives with great organizational impact.
- Support the development of change management initiatives.
- Effectively manage issues and/or crisis by following the company’s guidelines and tools.
- Serves on the US Leadership Team and provide senior business leader counsel.
- Effectively manage and leverage agencies, consultants and budgets.
- Manage team responsible for executing proactive communication programs that drive awareness/loyalty and patient pull-through, while enhancing the reputation of our franchises.
- Develop team, talent and reinforce skill building of leading-edge communication practices.
- Bachelors degree is required; Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public relations, communication or related field is required
- Demonstrated ability to counsel senior leaders is required
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a matrixed environment with a demonstrated ability to drive results through influence management and sometimes amid ambiguity is required
- Must have a high tolerance for change and pressure; high flexibility and a steady temperament.
- Must demonstrate expert judgment in critical decision making on issues impacting corporate reputation.
- A high degree of personal initiative, as well as outstanding interpersonal, teamwork, listening, and process facilitation skills are absolutes.
- Exceptional verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to deliver messages through an authentic voice are required
- This position will be located in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH and requires up to 30% domestic travel.
United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOther Locations
North America-United States-Ohio-CincinnatiOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function