Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA's Electronic Health Record (EHR) program as well as the expansion of business processes and performance related to HCA's Clinical Agenda.
HCA's Career Pathway program will be an innovative, comprehensive career management plan for the company's 80,000 nurses. The program will support recruiting, retention, and development of nurses across the enterprise, through a cutting-edge and engaging application supported by relevant and impactful development program. The Director leads, facilitates, and manages work designed to advance the component programs that includes strategies designed to facilitate the Nursing Community Cultivation, Career Navigation, Learning and Education, Leadership Support, and Talent Management. The position is responsible to plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional delivery for the successful implementation of the HCA Career Pathway initiative. Incorporates management principles into strategies and tools designed for nursing engagement and career progression. This role will work in collaboration with Human Resource and the Strategic Innovation teams.
• Develops and deploys strategies to improve nursing engagement and visibility of career progression.
• Collaborates with the Human Resources to design, pilot, and implement an enterprise-wide program to support the nursing career pathway initiative.
• Leads the execution of the nursing career pathway elements of the HCA Nursing Agenda.
• Responsible for identifying, designing, and the continuous maintenance of the HCA nursing career mobile platform, in collaboration with Information Technology & Services.
• Responsible for identifying, designing, and implementation of an HCA Nurse Mentor program, in collaboration with Human Resources.
• Develops resources for nurse leaders to support nursing professional development that includes career aspiration and pathway navigation.
• Consults with Human Resources, Service Line Leaders, and Hospital Operational Leaders as a subject matter expert for nursing engagement and career progression.
• Analyzes of HCA nursing turnover metrics to identify risks and opportunities for retention efforts related to career and professional development.
• Serves as a change management leader, through evaluation, development, and execution of strategies to support the Nursing Career Pathway program.
• Serves as a subject matter expert on nursing career navigation and advancement.
• Master's degree in Nursing or related field with 10 years of experience
• Served as a mentor/career advisor for nurses preferred
• Certification in area of inpatient specialty area required
• Membership in Professional Nursing Organization
• Travel approximately 10- 30%
• Experience with leading and establishing professional practice councils or other shared governance processes.
• Manage multiple tasks with multiple owners at one time.
• Proficient with technology, including social media
• Proficient at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
• Effective communicator and educator
• High degree of flexibility required
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Ability to work and participate in a team environment within and across department
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom