This position is part of the Enterprise Services & Financial Systems (ESFS) Corporate Real Estate – Facilities unit. The Director, Occupancy Management is accountable for forecasting the Corporation space requirements, evaluating real estate market conditions impact to Prudential office space needs, developing and implementing strategy to manage real estate planning solutions, develop and enforce space planning standards, and evaluate/approve the need for exceptions to standards. Incumbent will develop the procedure and process to manage space data collection and perform analysis to maximize the utilization of Prudential’s inventory of space including development of portfolio and occupancy strategies and work environment solutions. This role is responsible for providing appropriate data, analysis and reports to Customer Relationship Managers (CRMs) to enable the CRMs to make informed recommendations to senior business leaders across the Enterprise regarding their space utilization/options. The Director, Occupancy Management is the single source for managing Prudential’s space needs, maintaining accurate records of real estate utilization, managing and prioritizing the implementation of space requests, assessing opportunities for restacking or consolidation and determining if existing inventory of space is adequate or additional space should be acquired. Job Requirements:
- Interface with senior management, CRMs, project managers, leading the discussion, evaluating space/occupancy usage and lead the development and implementation of space/occupancy options for the business units/Corporate Centers.
- Design a standard operating environment for spatial data collection and develop the policy and procedures to maintain an accurate reliable database of Prudential floor plans and metrics, relative to occupancy/vacancy and space utilization.
- Oversee occupancy management reporting from strategic to functional accounting for Prudential Business divisions and client disciplines needs.
- Responsible for ensuring project referral form (PRF) requests align with regional plan.
- Obtain from the CRMs the high-level programming needs of clients and develop project requirements documentation (PRD). Conduct client meetings for programming and subsequent approval of PRD. Create high level programming (interview document) and maintain client contact information.
- Manage/create an analysis of available space that presents a convincing solution to a client that meets their needs while ensuring the Corporation’s inventory of space is effectively utilized.
- Approves all tactical space requests and accountable for the development programming that conforms to space utilization standards.
- Develop high level target stacking plans, migration plans, origination / destination plans, stack and test fit plans in support of the recommended space solution.
- Prepares migration/origination plans, schematic schedules, stack and block fit plans. Implements schedules of critical path and milestone events.
- Serves as the primary point of contact throughout the Migration Planning Process.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of current and future space needs and understanding of the business direction and changing workplace needs
- Ensures occupancy plans are aligned with client and corporate strategies.
- Develops, maintains and provides reports on work environment efficiency, portfolio vacancy, KPIs and ad hoc reports requested by senior management.
- Manages the work of Prudential employees and vendors in the production of CAD drawings and associated metrics. This position is also responsible for coordinating the efforts of internal Prudential groups and external vendors in the execution of changes in the work space
- Development of the departments overall space planning and workplace strategy /objectives.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) (Architecture or Engineering preferred).
- Minimum ten years of experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum three years of experience in management.
- Broad knowledge of current real estate industry trends and standards.
- Extensive experience with the TriRiga Integrated Workplace Management System including the Space Module application.
- Proficient with CAD/CAFM software as well as MS Office Suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio).
- A general understanding of project management and construction.
- Manage/ Coordinate the efforts of internal groups (e.g. technology) and external service providers (e.g. Cushman & Wakefield) in execution of space change.
- Ability to partner with various levels of Management as well as serve as a Liaison between Business Units, Strategic, Tactical and Data Maintenance teams.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and coordinate diverse groups to lead the execution tasks.
A little about us:
Prudential was founded on the belief that being financially prepared is a right, not a privilege.