Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description We are currently seeking a Director of Catering Operations for the Aramark operation at the Anaheim Convention Center, in Anaheim, CA.
The Director of Catering Operations ensures the team meets the Center's target customer needs, ensures associate satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the Catering department. As a member of management, develops and implements center-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of the Center's target customer and property associates and provides a return on investment. Responsibilities:
- Supervises and works with all catering service staff, as well as the planning merchandising and execution of the functions.
- Participates in catering sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings. Administers all phases of the banquet department, included, but not limited to, planning, staffing, servicing and administrative procedures.
- Interprets, analyzes, and manages budget to meet business objectives.
- Plan, direct and control premium services within the convention center to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives and customer needs.
- Responsible for developing a management team to oversee daily catering operations.
- To ensure successful operations of catering functions including labor, cost control, preparation, transportation, setup, operation and clean-up of all levels.
- To hire, train and schedule all catering staff and managers and is actively involved in the development of existing catering staff service techniques and menu presentation.
- To ensure compliance with policies, procedures, guidelines and standards in maintaining effective customer support and meeting financial goals and budget.
- Previous catering and banquet experience required, be able to multi-task, and have comprehensive knowledge of MS Office applications such as CaterMate, ABI, CBORD.
- Interacts and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
- Assist in developing realistic and accurate operation forecasts while directing the purchasing, receiving, storing and preparing of food and other related products.
- Seeks opportunities to implement new products and services to support Base Business Growth and client retention.
- Additional responsibilities include the reporting of operating statements, flash reports, operational budgets and review of the collection of receivables, and directly supervises 2 or more managers.
- The Catering Director must work proactively with the AGM to develop annual forecast for the Catering department.
- Must be able to manage a team, providing on-going training opportunities to enhance each Catering Manager's customer relationship skills and Catering development, and to create a positive working environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5+ years of hospitality management experience in an upscale environment.
- The ability to manage in a fast-paced, diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business is essential.
- Knowledge of and experience with selling, planning and executing special events is required.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Candidate must be willing to work event based hours which include nights, weekends and holidays as necessary