At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Summary of Responsibilities
This role will be responsible for the momentous launch of the new brand and ongoing brand marketing to advisors, consumers, key influencers, and employees. End to end leadership will include all aspects of strategic, operational, and organizational leadership related to brand marketing: communication strategy, marketing planning, brand equity tracking and management, goal setting, creative development, omni-channel executions, tracking success against forecasted goals, and professional development of direct reports. This person would build bridges to collaborate with cross functional partners and lead agency relationships. The ideal candidate would have a pioneering spirit and a proven ability to grow brand followership. Principal Responsibilities
- Leverage market intelligence to formulate marketing strategies that efficiently and effectively drive brand awareness and key equity attributes against brand launch goals.
- Manage the creation of needs-based and differentiated brand messages and communication cascade.
- Lead media planning, execution, and optimization of media investments to maximize delivery brand goals.
- Drive holistic, integrated marketing campaign to build awareness among consumers.
- Deliver targeted programs to grow quality brand awareness, consideration, and retention of advisors.
- Manage direct marketing communications and deliver programs via the field to all distribution channels.
- Champion brand activation movements to drive deep brand understanding and passion among internal organization, including home office and field based employees.
- Develop collaborative relationships to develop and coordinate marketing efforts with Product, Distribution, Finance, Compliance, and Legal.
- Enable performance tracking of marketing choices against forecasted goals and drive optimization.
- Lead long-term marketing growth strategies and effectively influence senior management.
- Manage day-to-day operations including setting priorities, leading issues to resolution, and budgets.
- Seek opportunities to grow and develop talent within the organization.
- Directly manage 4-5 Marketing Consultants, including development of robust work plans, coaching, and providing timely, actionable feedback, as well as performance evaluations/development plans.
- 8 years of prior Marketing experience.
- FINRA Series 6 and Series 26 registrations may be required during first year.
- Proven track record of demonstrating holistic leadership and works without supervision.
- Ability to think strategically, assess business risk, and apply creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, develop, refine, and execute marketing campaigns through teams.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach, and develop junior level associates.
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Effective interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- BA/BS required; MS/MA preferred.
Brighthouse Financial Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.