Arconic, Forgings and Extrusions (AFE) is seeking a Director of Business Development and Commercial Controls to increase our vertical integration, grow differentiated products, manage and report sales metrics and lead customer profitability projects across our business unit. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to achieve results growing business with sustainable methods, and can track and articulate key sales metrics to our Business Unit Lead Team. This position will report to the Commercial VP, and could be located at either our manufacturing facility in Cleveland, Ohio or Lafayette, Indiana.
Arconic Forgings and Extrusions (AFE) serves the global aerospace and automotive markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of extrusions and forgings in our industry. Headquartered in Cleveland, OH; AFE employs 3,400 people in 5 countries at 16 locations. AFE is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Profile : The Director of Business Development is responsible to lead our efforts to grow in Vertical Integration (VI) with targeted customers. The incumbent will partner with AFE Commercial Team and AFE Supply Chain Teams at various plants to deliver AFE products with added value (testing, machining, subassemblies, etc.) beyond what is currently offered from AFE facilities.
- Commercial Lead for our work to grow in differentiated Aluminum-Lithium products (support to Sales, internal demand forecasts, revert coordination)
- Manage Commercial Sales Metrics and Sales Systems, including
- Global Sales Incentive Compensation (SIC) management
- Manage Sales Plan inputs into Commercial Dashboard and plan maintenance
- Publish weekly Global Commercial Dashboard (& expand from Base Business)
- Manage Salesforce.com integration into AFE - and maintenance
- Commercial support for plant MBR's - DI and Bookings analysis
- SPA/Liaison for Contract Forecast vs. Actuals Tracking
- SPA for Key Customer Profitability Projects
- SPA for AR - FCF Management
- Special Projects for AFE and Commercial Lead Team
- Skilled with presentations - audiences include; Commercial Organization, Customers, and ultimately the AFE Executive Lead Team.
- Relationship building with key Commercial and Supply Chain stakeholders, both inside AFE & externally with potential VI suppliers.
- Ability to succeed in an autonomous and creative environment - developing new processes (e.g. VI) where none have existed.
- Ability to jump smoothly between strategic vision-setting and detail-focused analysis
- Develop an understanding of AFE cost systems and profitability analysis.
- Ability to become knowledgeable on Salesforce.com, and have the aptitude to lead training sessions.
- Understanding of key commercial metrics (AR, FCF, Rev, Margin, ...)
- Ability to discuss implications of various business decisions and the resulting impacts on these metrics
- Experience in Aerospace Commercial Industry
- Strong Financial Understanding (revenues, margins, AR, FCF, ...)
- Strong Analytical Skills - comfortable with Excel
- Basic Understanding of Arconic Materials & Properties or transferrable comparable
- Basic Understanding of Aerospace Raw Material Supply Chain
•Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
•7 years minimum commercial (sales and/or marketing and/or business development) industrial or manufacturing experience
•Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
•This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S> person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S> Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Preferred Qualifications
•Bachelor's degree in engineering or business from an accredited institution
•5+ years in Aerospace Industry with Aerospace commercial experience or equivalent technical experience
•The ideal candidate will have strong customer relationship management skills and a proven track record in driving market volume, business development and revenue generation. They will have demonstrated success in developing and commercializing new products in an existing metals marketplace.
•Understanding of the Forging and/or Extrusion Process, basic metallurgy, and basic supply chain management