Capital Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including; a Pediatric ER , Senior Care ER and an Express Care ER . We also offer a Bariatric Center , Behavioral Health Center , Cancer Center , Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center , Family Center , Heart & Vascular Center , Orthopedic Center , Physical Therapy Services , Senior First , Sleep Center , Stroke Center, Surgical Services , Wound Healing Center , Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices , and more. POSITION SUMMARY:
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of the Cardiovascular Services in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. The Cardiovascular Service Line consists of Cardiac Cath Lab, Cardiac Echo and Carotid Ultrasound. Support the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives.
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of Cardio-vascular department's daily activities, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction to the staff and supervisors of the Cardiovascular Services. Reviews performance of the department staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, JCAHO, and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
- Direct, reviews and analyzes progress and performance of contract services personnel. Makes recommendation on contract initiation, renewals and termination.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs without comprising patient safety, quality of care or the services delivered.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff. This information is used to improve patient safety.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Associates degree required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- Florida Radiographer License OR FL RN License required OR RCIS required
- National Registry (ARRT) required (for Radiographer)
- BCLS - AHA Healthcare Provider required
- ACLS certified preferred
- 3-5 years experience in field preferred
- 3-5 years management experience preferred
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom