The Oracle Cloud for Industry (OCI) Cloud Architecture and Solutions Group creates and promotes standards for SaaS service release and delivery on behalf of OCI for the benefit of all GBUs. OCI Cloud Architecture and Solutions enables the success of GBU Cloud Service Release Process (CSRP) projects by keeping the CSR process as user-friendly as possible while ensuring corporate and divisional standards are met. The group partners with GBUs to provide focused expertise on definition and instantiation of SaaS offerings in an ITIL based framework. The OCI Cloud Architecture and Solutions Group lends support to the GBUs and OCI during all phases of the SaaS product lifecycle from inception to sales, operating across both business and technical disciplines. Our goal is to help bridge the gap between traditional software product management and the SaaS deployment model for the GBUs. OCI Cloud Architecture and Solutions promotes standards based delivery by OCI for all facets of SaaS including infrastructure, operating systems, databases, and application management to simplify the SaaS on-ramp for the GBUs.
The Director of Cloud Service Release will be instrumental in improving, evolving, and maintaining the Cloud Service Release Process. This includes working with other team members to continuously improve the process, and acting as a liaison to the GBUs for CSR. The successful candidate will have a broad mix of business and technical skills, including:
• Background in red stack management and complex application management
• Deep understanding of service taxonomy as it relates to holistic support of complex application systems
• Previous application management delivery experience in an ITIL based service delivery framework
• Previous product management experience with services based products (e.g. consulting, application management services, hosting, SaaS)
• Creation of application management and hosting delivery staffing estimations
• Contract creation including contract template generation for services oriented offerings.
• Ability to review service descriptions and fine tune them to meet applicable organizational standards in the context of approvals
• Pre-sales skills including customer facing solution presentation / defense
• Ability to operate in a fluid environment, creating structure where necessary to enhance organizational efficiency
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring capability
• Demonstrated cross-LOB negotiation skills in the context of service definition, sales, and delivery
• Ability to interoperate with GBU and corporate approval authorities to gain acceptance for internal standards and deal specific approval requirements
• Previous program and project management experience in an IT consulting environment
• Previous experience managing high performance staff with both direct and dotted line management reports
• Impeccable mastery of the written, spoken, and electronic word
• Demonstrated ability to converse confidently at the VP and C-Level
• Grace under pressure. Ability maintain calm in the occasional storm. Proven conflict resolution skills.
A 4 year degree in Computer Science or Engineering, 15 years software services outsourcing industry experience, and previous team management experience are required.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.