Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our End users.
Visa's End User Collaboration Technologies team is looking for curious, creative, and talented technologists to join our growing team. We focus on delivering collaboration platforms that help Visa employees work at the pace of our growing business, solutions that employees enjoy using, and training and coaching to ensure that our employees can get the most out of our solutions. If you love working as part of a collaborative and highly technical team, enjoy technical challenges, are focused on superior customer service, and have engineering excellence in your DNA, this role may be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Collaboration Technologies team has purview over a large portfolio of platforms and technologies including SharePoint (On Premise and Online), One Drive for Business, Documentum, Salesforce Chatter, Box, and a number of custom applications. The Director of the End User Collaboration Technologies team will be responsible for designing, planning and implementing collaboration technologies to facilitate productivity for Visa staff. This leader will oversee a team of up to 13 geographically distributed employees in the engineering and development of systems, integrations, and numerous 3rd level support tasks (e.g. Vendor escalation and management, problem resolution, implementation services, etc.). The Director of Collaboration Technologies will also need to draw on project management and IT service management skills to maximize collaboration and productivity of their staff and the larger Visa Inc. end-user environment. Finally, this leader will need to pull from a strong engineering background to mentor and coach his/her staff and push the boundaries of engineering excellence for our collaboration platforms. Responsibilities:
- Manage daily engineering\design activities for the Collaboration Technologies team
- Lead and manage a highly technical team of resources focused on Visa's Collaboration Technology platforms and applications. This also includes coaching/mentoring, performance evaluations, and professional growth.
- New product evaluations and POC's within the Collaboration Technologies area
- Oversee creation of operational readiness documentation and architectural design and build documentation
- Drive transformational initiatives to assist with modernization of the CIT Collaboration\Productivity infrastructure to meet the demands of a modern workforce.
- Collaboration with peer stakeholders across other End User Systems operation\engineering functions
- Support complex integrations with third-party communication systems including but not limited to SharePoint online, Office 365, SharePoint on prem, Documentum, etc.
- Create and maintain documentation, policies, SLAs, procedures, change management and end-user training.
- Coordinate process improvement activities, with the intent to automate away traditional BAU support processes
- Proactively identify engineering projects within the Collaboration Technologies area and author scope and requirements, justification, and ROI
- Assist in corporate initiatives to significantly improve customer experience through design based thinking
- Responsible for resourcing across multiple projects to deliver project scope, on schedule, and within budget
- Hire and develop End User collaboration\productivity engineering team members as needed
- Effectively manage relationships with business partners across Visa
- Equally comfortable presenting technical concepts to executive management and troubleshooting technical issues alongside senior level engineers.
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years' experience managing a globally diverse engineering team
- 5+ years performing architecture & engineering tasks in a medium to large enterprise
- Previous experience managing and supporting a large/complex enterprise SharePoint Farms and infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with platforms and applications in the Collaboration and Productivity space, including direct experience with O365, SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Salesforce Chatter, among other platforms
- Above average understanding of networking and corporate domain architecture
- Deep understanding of security best practices
- Proven analytical mindset, ability to make data based decisions whenever possible
- Previous "hands on" experience with engineering collaboration technologies is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Must have strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with resource forecasting and financial management is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.