Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director of Communications Central Nervous System (CNS), located in Titusville, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Janssen CNS is a company driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and organizational excellence.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
As a leader in the industry, CNS offers medications for the treatment of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar areas of mental health. Please visit our website at www.janssenpharmaceuticals.com to learn more about J&J and our products.
The Director of Communications CNS will be responsible for leading communication strategy and execution for our CNS brands that drive Johnson & Johnson revenue, growth, valuation and reputation.
• Serves as counsel to senior business leaders
• Leads, develops and inspires professional reports
• Drive business objectives of Enterprise, brands (INVEGA SUTENNA® and INVEGA TRINZA® and businesses)
• Build stakeholder trust and advocacy
• Inspire employee advocacy
• Prepare the U.S. market for the potential introduction of new Janssen treatments in the CNS space
• Drive business unit growth and build stakeholder trust/advocacy through proactive public relations
• Develop strong partnership with and serve as trusted advisor to leadership, such as Marketing and Medical Affairs leadership and operating company Presidents, on multiple brands and businesses
• Integrate knowledge from deep internal and external networks; multi-stakeholder insights; and broad understanding of business, competitive and industry priorities to lead the development and efficient implementation of strategic communication plans—targeting patients, professionals and the payer community--that drive key business and reputation outcomes and shape the environment for the company’s products
• Proactively drive business and Enterprise outcomes by identifying and applying key outcomes metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment. Partner closely with Strategy & Insights CoE to develop metrics and assess impact
• Anticipate and address emerging market and internal realities to drive revenue and profitability
• Build understanding of current issues in the environment affecting businesses and brands; in partnership with Public Affairs colleagues, develop and execute public affairs strategies that inform and shape belief, action, behavior and advocacy to shape the external environment
• Align regional public relations plans with competitive advantage of a single-Enterprise set of strategic priorities, and foster best practice sharing between markets
• Partner closely with the relevant Therapeutic Area Communication Leader within the Janssen R&D organization, Corporate Media Relations, Investor Relations and GCPA CoEs
• Manage public relations agencies and other professional agencies supporting brands / franchises
• Develop and oversee public relations budgets and manage resources
• Develop relationships with key media, including social media influencers
• Build relationships with and act as liaison to key third-party influencers and external constituencies
• Maintain stakeholder trust through effective management of complex, significant issues
• Proactively identify potential brand / franchise-related issues and develop issues-management strategies
• Manage product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
• Partner closely with global Janssen communication, Media Relations, Workforce Communication, Strategy & Insights and other CoEs to ensure Enterprise alignment
• Develop messages and serve as spokesperson for media inquiries
• Drive employee engagement and advocacy through powerful organizational communication
• Partnering with business leaders, develop internal communication strategy and messages to inspire, engage, inform and align employees
• Drive outcomes by bringing a measurement approach to organizational communication, incorporate relevant metrics that are indicators of employee engagement
• Partner closely with Workforce Communication CoE, HR, and others to ensure integrated, seamless integration Enterprise communication
• Build GCPA capability and excellence
• Model and inspire a continuous improvement mindset to ensure function stays on the leading edge of communications, change, technology, social media and other key trends
• Lead, develop and inspire direct reports
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Proven performer with minimum of ten (10) years of experience managing communication in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency is required
• Minimum of one (1) year experience within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred
• Proven track record of successful public relations/communications, corporate communication, product communication, public affairs, and/or media relations achievements is required
• Demonstrated ability to develop successful partnerships and influence with senior executives is required
• Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication abilities is preferred
• Experience in the mental health space is preferred
• Experience in crisis/issues management is preferred
• Experience dealing with national and local consumer, professional and industry mainstream and social media is preferred
• Deep understanding of digital and social platforms is required
• Demonstrated analytic ability is required
• Experience with managing budgets and schedules is required
• Ability to maintain perspective and bring positive attitude and courage to partnership discussions is required
• Professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions, and backgrounds is required
• Key problem-solving skill in developing communication strategies and activities is required
• High degree of independent judgment and decision making is required
• This position is located in Titusville, NJ and may require up to 20 % of domestic travel with the possibility of international travelPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)Job Function