Johnson & Johnson is
currently recruiting for a Director of Compute Services in Raritan, NJ.
Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has
inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We
embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and
services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to
touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion
in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and
broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of
related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and
diagnostics markets. The more than 250
Johnson & Johnson operating
companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the
We are thriving on
a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and
committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director of
Compute Services is a seasoned physical Laptop and Desktop Services professional
who provides strategy, design, engineering, operations and financial leadership
for all physical Laptop and Desktop services throughout the services
life-cycle. This position assures
appropriate management of flow based processes are developed and maintained to
consistently achieve successful new releases, enhancements, deployments and
production support and maintenance. The Director is responsible for providing
appropriate oversight of the underlying services providers, directing global
J&J resources and service providers to support the global Standard Compute
Services across all End Users and Business functions. This role will be
accountable for seamless integration of the entire physical Laptop and Desktop
Services life-cycle from design through development processes to production
support - through leadership, strategic direction, consultation and oversight.
- Direct the global end to end flow based model of Standard Compute Services, including locally reporting team members as well as regional team members that are part of the Standard Compute services team.
- Manage Standard Compute team level Kanbans and ensuring teams are trained, engaged and managing work units in the end to end DevOps flow based model.
- Lead Standard Compute services business/user facing PKIs and SLAs, assure targets are achieved and well defined plan of actions are in place for areas that are not meeting targets.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, business leaders, peer groups, vendors and research organizations to understand benchmarking and recommend service improvements.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and coaching for all team members of Standard Compute services area, which includes job performance and career development.
- Manage the end to end cost model and budget management for Standard Compute services portfolio.
- B.S. Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or advanced degree is required.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience, at a delivery and leadership level, with global infrastructure engineering, delivery and operations, orchestration technologies, patch management and software distribution.
- Support automation experience – Experience optimizing, automating, and creating support process which allows for the elimination of manual support process.
- 8+ years of expertise with Microsoft PC operating systems, management tools (SCCM) and the ability to streamline deployment processes in order to optimize end user experience through ServiceNow integration.
- Deep technology expertise in Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS, Internet Explorer, Chrome and computer hardware (laptop and desktop).
- 8+ years of expertise with engineering and managing of Desktops and Laptops in a global enterprise organization across all global regions
- Must have experience in Service Ownership and end to end accountability with outward facing IT services
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading people in a large IT organization
- Experience in managing vendor/supplier relationships
- Training in how to use Dev/Ops for IT functions
- Experience developing and delivering IT services in large complex enterprises
- Must be able to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
- Must be able to define, shape, and drive continuous support improvements while effectively collaborating strategically with others with little supervision
- Mastering of IT service management principles and practices and able to provide guidance to others (including vendors) on how to apply these
- ITIL certification v3
- Agile, Lean, Six Sigma certifications or on job experience - understanding of Scrum, Agile software development concepts, Project Management
- DevOps, Flow-based work environment and Product/Service Ownership
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.