Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description
The Director of Corporate Services, Workplace Operations leads the operational and administrative services functions in facilities and real estate that may be owned or leased by ARAMARK Corporation. This position is responsible for strategically leading and directing the Facility Management functions associated with Aramark' owned and leased properties including facility asset management, real estate, physical protection and related operational and administrative services functions. This position is located at Aramark's World Headquarters in Philadelphia, Pa.
The Director proactively collaborates with colleagues and clients to develop strategies aligned with business requirements that result in operating policies and repeatable processes that ensure safe, efficient, and continuous operations including regulatory compliance and emergency management leadership. The Director will lead a cross-functional team of employees and contracted staff to carry out the technical and administrative services functions including but not limited to; operations management, maintenance management, mail & distribution, records, physical security, dining, engineering services, construction management, energy management, sustainability, building and grounds maintenance, life safety systems ,wellness center and service desk functions.
The Director will provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the creation and implementation of life safety, sustainability, emergency preparedness, continuity of operations, physical security, construction management, operating and capital financial planning and management activities that align with ARAMARK's mission, values and focus.
The Director will serve as key client interface with internal and external tenants on site and manage relationships to ensure client satisfaction. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: List the principle on-going responsibilities that are necessary to accomplish the purpose of the job.
STATUS AND SCOPE: Describe the reporting relationships, special skills and abilities required to perform essential job functions.
- Plans, Directs and Manages the proactive operations and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire system and other building systems in compliance with local codes and covenants to ensure continuous, reliable and efficient operation.
- Recommends, develops and maintains standard operating policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements operating standards for all mechanical/electrical plumbing, HVAC systems, life safety, emergency response, buildings and ground maintenance.
- Reviews and makes recommendations for long-term facility services contracts, develops scope of work, quality assurance and evaluation methodologies, price proposal structures and all aspects of facilities contracts
- Drafts, reviews and approves all procurement solicitations and service proposals.
- Develops and analyzes department financial and operational results and provides benchmarking data and analysis for all facility operations
- Serves as the on-site lead -member as identified in the Aramark Critical Incident Management Plan and leads site specific emergency preparedness operational activities.
- Responsible for life cycle planning, predictive maintenance, environmental compliance, purchases of materials and supplies, performance measurements, performance management and customer service assessments.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, responsiveness, and creativity in day to day facility management activities.
- Lead facility operations & staff to meet all objectives (EBIT, HVAC, AV, Security, Records, Life Safety, Continuity of Operations, & Program Management).
- Promote change and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Serve as primary real estate contact/liaison with the landlord, owners' agents and building managers and on-call team.
- Provide expertise for the successful implementation of special projects and initiatives.
- Conduct operational event management communication (verbal and written).
- Complete facility inspections and document using the GCS MyWorkplace Integrated Workplace Management System.
- Maintain as-built drawings.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all operational activities.
- Complete all required reporting.
- Site Leader of Global Corporate Services Encore Encore staff recognition program.
- Coordinate direct report goal setting, performance reviews, and career development planning and incentive/salary administration.
- Align tactical plans, daily operations and specific projects with ARAMARK's mission/values/focus.
- Support Global Risk Management with property insurance decisions and ensuring conformance
- Lead all transportation, parking and conveyance operations
- Lead site emergency management.
- Other duties as assigned .
Reports to the Vice President - Global Corporate Services and will have primary site responsibility for managing the following functions. The successful candidate will have working knowledge, skills and abilities to apply the eleven core competencies of the facility management profession as defined by the International Facility Management Association in delivering enterprise value for Aramark in carrying out this multi-disciplinary role related to the built environment resulting in the effective integration of people, place, process and technology.
Oversight and/or collaboration with other site managers as required to carry out duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
• Expense and Capital Budgeting
• Facility Management
• Life Safety and Emergency Management
• Operations and Maintenance Management
• Environmental Stewardship and Sustainability
• Construction Management
• Project Management
• Subcontracted Services Procurement and Service Level Agreement Management
• Mail and Distribution Services
• Conference Room and A/V Services
• Wellness Center
• Food Services
• Parking Qualifications
This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Facility Management (FM), Architecture, or Engineering. This position also requires 15 years of experience, with at least 10 years in a supervisory or management capacity preferably in a Corporate environment. Additional preferred education includes an advanced degree or course work, industry certification from the International Facility Management Association (CFM), Building Owners and Managers Association (RPA), American Institute of Architecture (AIA) or similar certification is desirable. Relevant experience, employer leadership training and/or industry certifications may be considered in lieu of the required undergraduate degree at the sole discretion of Aramark.
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.