Director of Customer Loyalty & Insights (Job Number: 024063)
Digital & Marketing Corporate Office - 36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
36 S WABASH AVE STE 410
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Accountable for directing a specified area of work within Customer Loyalty & Insights in order to achieve business goals and targeted financial and quality results. Outcomes directed have a moderate to significant impact on the organization's short-term and/or long-term results, specific customers and/or stakeholders. Decisions have significant impact on the organization. Job Responsibilities
- Builds the formal frameworks and methodologies for approaching major strategic issues both leveraging existing resources and creating new innovative concepts across the Company for area of expertise. Ensures process and structural fit with key stakeholders. Performs as a focal point for cross-functional teams and liaison to stakeholders in developing and implementing frameworks. Develops effective working relationships with stakeholders to achieve targeted goals and/or solutions.
- Counsels key stakeholders on areas of expertise. Partners cross-functionally to translate and define business needs for area of responsibility to execute against. Strategically partners cross-functionally to develop the strategies and actionable roadmap to meet goals. Develops short- and long-range strategies, plans and actionable goals. Oversees implementation of procedures, processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of the strategies and operating plans of the specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions executes or adjusts the operating plans of the business unit directed.
- Shares complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives and develops/oversees operating plans for the area of responsibility.
- Ensures growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes recommendations for adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- May develops budget for specified area of responsibility and delivers against business goals/objectives.
- Analyzes performance drivers, proactively determines actionable strategy, and then contributes to identifying solutions for mitigation and/or optimization to achieve overall business goals.
- Directs teams accountable for daily operations. Oversees and directs the work of managers, senior managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, consumer research, vendor collaboration, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- Experience managing client-facing programs.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Master's degree OR MBA.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.