Director of CyberSecurity for Tech College
The best leaders don't just motivate, they inspire. That’s how we reach our goals and why we reward extraordinary results. Sound like you?
Then consider Capital One, a financial services leader and FORTUNE 200 company, where you'll find an environment that values your abilities and rewards results that drive business success.
If you have a passion for helping others learn and build next-generation skills by creating amazing learning experiences, you may be a fit for our team. We are looking for a Director of CyberSecurity to be responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge Tech skills. As a member of this team, you will work in a rapid and agile environment, and have the opportunity to build technical training curricula from the ground-up.
Capital One's Tech College is seeking a Director with deep technical expertise in Security, Cryptography, Authentication, and Application Security. The ideal candidate will have experience in architecting and building innovative and proactive security solutions that are resilient to even the most sophisticated attacks of today and tomorrow. As a member of the Tech College, this position will work closely with application, security engineering, operations, and information security teams across the Information Security and Risk Management stakeholders to define the learning needs of technicians and deliver cutting edge curricula and learning experiences that help our associates be on the forefront of security expertise.
Responsibilities and Competencies:
- Owns the curriculum for area of expertise; ensures that we have the right content through the right delivery channels at the right time
- Assess future demand across Tech for current and emerging needs; strategic direction for discipline
- Manage technology curriculum; Curate content
- Assess & revise products/content from suppliers
- Manage relationships with and Liaison to LOB tech leaders to understand strategy, evaluate learner feedback, provide learning loop back into the curriculum in order to evolve and shape curriculum
- Advise on learning personas / learning paths
- Identify budget impact/needs based on discipline learning strategy
- Develop SME network for discipline (i.e. who is available as a SME, who can teach courses, who can you connect learners with for peer to peer learning)
- Provides opportunities for SMEs to grow/develop, be recognized; provides motivation to SMEs for participation
- Create targeting training strategy for associates
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best security engineering talent to support the discipline and learners
- Deep knowledge of cryptography and experience in the bits and bytes of symmetric and asymmetric ciphers
- Deep expertise in Data Security
- Provide guidance across the ISRM organization
- Architect and Build proactive breach resistant security solutions
- Proactively assess threats and build solutions that automatically respond in real time
- Architect systems that scale and perform beyond imagination
- Challenge existing solutions by solving problems with ingenuity that are 10 times better
- Architect and build solutions that challenge even the most sophisticated attackers
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of cyber security experience
-At least 10 years of software development experience
- At least 5 years of experience in architecting enterprise systems
- At least 5 years of experience with C or C++ and Java and go lang
- At least 5 years of experience with Operating System fundamentals
- At least 5 years of experience with TCP IP Networking
- At least 5 years of experience in SQL and no SQL data storage technologies
- Master's Degree in Computer Science
- 2 years of experience working with open source security technology openssl
- 2 years of experience in Amazon Web Services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.