About the Position
Guggenheim Retail Real Estate Partners is seeking an exceptional Director of Development and Construction to join its team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development and Construction, this person will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of site development of multiple retail/commercial projects. The Director of Development and Construction position is located in Frisco, Texas. Specific Responsibilities Include
Skills & Experience Required
- Manage and oversee development of site plans in partnership with Real Estate team
- Manage outside consultants assigned to specific projects. Consultants to include:
- Geotech consultant
- Environmental engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Sign Vendors
- Attorneys as required for entitlement work
- Create preliminary budgets for all projects.
- Create and manage overall schedules for all projects.
- Oversee and manage design for all sites including architectural, civil engineering, landscape design, signage, etc.
- Oversee and manage the entitlement/permitting process from start of project through construction utilizing consultants where applicable.
- Manage construction aspect of all projects to include, but not limited to:
- Construction contracts and administration of same
- Routine construction meetings on and off site
- Monthly pay applications and approvals
- All associated testing
- Change orders
- Closeout documentation
- All aspects of Expesite including documentation control and all milestones pertaining to overall development.
- Approve and process all invoices associated with respective projects.
About Guggenheim Retail Real Estate Partners
- 10+ years in development and construction of retail/commercial buildings
- BS in Construction Management preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Project, as well as web-based project management software system similar to Expesite
- Excellent track record of on-time, in-budget performance
- Proactive & solutions-oriented; innovative
- Able to travel approximately 50% of the time
Guggenheim Retail Real Estate Partners is a real estate development company which partners with select retailers on their national store growth programs. Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our business strategy is to provide our partners with cost-effective solutions and the expertise needed to achieve their market penetration goals. Each of our in-house experts incorporates the mindset that we are an extension of our client's professional staff, creating a long-term effective and efficient partnership. Utilizing our integrated team of acquisition, construction, financial, legal, and management professionals, we can offer a single point of contact that results in seamless, on-time, and on-budget projects.
To succeed in the Guggenheim culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people, who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
Guggenheim Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diversified and inclusive workforce.