Director of Engineering
Posted: February 03, 2017
Reference ID: 1600173V
Director Sustaining Engineering for Identify Management
Are you ready to take on the next biggest challenge in your career? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that delivers some of the most complex services involving cloud technologies and distributed systems? Do you enjoy creating a broad vision and are you also a laser-focused, results-oriented go-getter who relentlessly pursues some of the toughest enterprise challenges? If the answer is yes, then we want to talk to you.
Oracle Public Cloud (OPC) is building next-generation, Internet scale, highly performing, and highly available enterprise grade cloud infrastructure services with a big bold vision - "Oracle Public Cloud will be the #1 cloud platform to run Oracle products and enterprise applications in the cloud." Curious to learn more? Watch Larry Ellison's latest keynote on Oracle's strategy on cloud.
We are looking for exceptional leaders who will lead team providing maintenance coverage for Oracle Identity Cloud Service ( IDCS) and Enterprise product: Oracle Identity Manager. IDCS is a cloud-native service designed to be an integral part of the modern enterprise security fabric, protecting users and applications wherever they may be. In this highly visible role you will directly influence the success of IDCS by leading team that works closely with the various PaaS services which integrate with IDCS and also directly with customers as tenants on IDCS. You would also be responsible for leading the team to sustain the enterprise product Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) for on premise customers.
As part of this position you will:
- Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for IDCS/OIM and is the go to team for all aspects of maintenance starting with resolving software bugs, managing delivery of software and working on customer escalations
- Identify, track, and prioritize complex issues and work with IDCS and OIM Team to resolve these in a timely manner.
- Provide status updates to senior management as required, on critical customer issues
- Work with development counterparts to identify and drive improvements to improve handling of IDCS
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Software development/Engineering background including a minimum of 5 years of experience successfully developing or maintaining software. Must be technically strong and well versed in software & systems architecture and development & cloud deployments.
• Tenacious, Get-Things-Done Attitude... But must work well with others!
• 8-10 years of software engineering or related experience. 4-5 years of management experience.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
• Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development.
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a director of the software engineering division, you will apply your extensive knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and envision future improvements to the architecture.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.