We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
The Director of Solution Architecture will be responsible for the oversight and direction of the enterprise solutions across all Digital products. The person will lead solution design professionals through the creation of designs that meets stakeholders’ requirements. The person will be intimately familiar with Digital enterprise roadmap, technology footprint. Will be to drive and orchestrate digital web and mobile skills to provide world-class customer facing services. In this role, the person will mentor both internal and external resources through delivery, drive design reviews and contribute horizontally to key cross-functional solution & architectural decisions.
You have a true passion for web and mobile development and are eager to keep up-to-date on new technologies. You are solution oriented and realistic with a winner mentality. You thrive on creating leading products and experiences touching millions of people, and you know how to drive a skilled team to deliver beyond expectations! Leadership:
A track record of leadership roles with agile exposure and broad technical responsibilities.
Thoughtful of insource and outsource, onshore and offshore resource models in large corporates.
A driving force for lean, incremental, agile, test driven development and continuous integration.
Essential Job Functions
- You will blend and coordinate digital web and mobile expertise throughout the team
- Lead the development of high-level architecture design documents to facilitate integration of in-house development project within the Farmers enterprise architecture
- Develops/Maintains “Best Practices” policies/procedures for the technical implementations developed within the Farmers IT enterprise
- Play a central role in creating a world-class digital offering and overall customer experience at Farmers
- Consult with delivery leaders on detailed solution design and business requirements. Ensure overall solution user stories and design incorporate the digital overall solution vision
- Responsible for overall digital solution integrity of large and complex solutions, providing direction to other Solution Architects on technology and design choices
- Engage in project communications with stakeholders using a collaborative approach. Anticipate obstacles and recommend solution options as they relate to the solution. Focus on quality while balancing Farmers objectives, feasibility and scalability of solution
- Assess, design and provide IT solutions across the Digital portfolio including but not limited to: On-Premise, Cloud/Hosted, and Contact Center
- Keep informed the marketing condition, trends, products, services, competitors and emerging technologies
- Maintain subject matter expertise in all Digital customer facing products with an enterprise vision in mind. Document and share best practices and case studies
- Liaison with Enterprise Architecture to align with Farmers broader technology strategy and roadmap
- Ensure alignment with Information Security standards and practices
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
4 year degree. IT background or emphasis. MBA, Master's degree preferred. Architecture, and/or process improvement certifications preferred
Director, Solution Architecture should have over 12+ years of experience in enterprise and business information system architectures, system engineering, project management, and information application design and development. This individual will be focused on developing assets that are repeatable by the enterprise thereby increasing speed to market, reducing costs, and mitigating risk. Transformational and systems integration background and experiences
Special Skill Requirement
- Analytical Skills, Business Understanding, Top to bottom thinking, Curiosity and Open Minded
- Web and mobile application performance analysis and tuning
- SDLC/Agile experience in planning and creating solutions
- Cloud development experience
- Deep understanding of web design, master data management, application integration
- Experience in systems analysis, modular design and creating APIs.
- Application development skills and experience in integrating applications within an existing back-end IT systems and databases
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver results within tight timeframes
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.