The Director, SEC Reporting will report directly to the Senior Director, Technical Accounting and External Reporting and lead Oracle's SEC Reporting team. The Oracle SEC Reporting team is responsible for the Company's SEC filings, ASC 718 calculations and partners with the Technical Accounting team to research and implement complex accounting guidance and disclosures. Responsibilities
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Manage preparation of periodic SEC filings (Form 10-K, 10-Q, 11-K, 8-K, Proxy, registration statements, XBRL tagging, etc.). Supervision/coordination of information gathering activities to ensure required schedules are obtained from other Oracle departments and diligence reviews to ensure the accuracy / integrity of information supporting Oracle's SEC filings. This includes proper supervision and review of schedules prepared by the SEC senior analyst and SEC manager. Supervise the preparation of Oracle's earnings tables (income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows) on a quarterly basis.
- Manage review and approval of SEC filings with external auditors, inside and outside legal counsel and disclosure and audit committees. Prepare timelines and meeting materials, and distribute draft filings.
- Supervise the preparation of the quarterly ASC 718 expense calculation and disclosure reporting with stock services and third party vendor.
- Prepare and assist with other ad-hoc financial information requests from internal tax department, investor relations and other functions.
- Monitor the effects and assessing/communicating the effects of assigned proposed accounting pronouncements and SEC regulations and supervise drafting and/or draft disclosures in the Form 10-Q/10-K in connection with these new regulations.
- Proactively identifying, researching, consulting and drafting technical memorandums on significant proposed and or completed transactions and issues
- Ensure SOX 404 compliance for areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent license
- 10 years of accounting experience (SEC Reporting experience with a large multinational corporation and/or Big 4 experience highly preferred)
- 4 years of supervisory experience
- Expert level knowledge with FASB, SEC, AICPA, XBRL rules
- Extremely attentive to detail
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines while maintaining highest level of quality
- Excellent written knowledge of English grammar and business vocabulary
- Ability to analyze financial data and clearly and concisely document the interpretation of financial analysis
- Self-motivated individual with a continuous improvement mindset to drive efficiency in Oracle's SEC reporting process
- Ability to lead others through clear communication, coordination, project planning and project prioritization
- Ability to identify key issues and offer practical solutions
- Proficiency in using Microsoft tools (e.g. excel, word), Oracle experience a plus
Coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations.
Coordinates, administers, and controls financial operations. Provides tax, insurance and other reports needed by governmental regulations. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems needed to maintain reporting specifications. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of accounting. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.