Director of Facilities Management Medical City Plano
Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and directing all functions of the department(s) in order to meet the stated mission, vision and values of Medical Center of Plano. It is expected that the Director will effectively operate the department, continue the improvement of the department's processes and outcomes, comply with hospital and corporate policy and procedures, efficiently manage finances and resources, promote teamwork and customer satisfaction, and integrate the department services into the organization's overall plan for the delivery of care and service
• Coordination/integration of department services with the hospital's primary function
• Develop/implement policies/procedures that guide/support the provision of services
• Recommend a sufficient number of qualified/competent staff to provide department services in support of provision of services
• Determine the qualifications/competence of personnel
• Continuously assess/improve department's performance
• Maintain/implement quality control programs
• Provide for the orientation, in-service training and continuing education of staff
• Recommend space and other resources needed in the provision of services
• Identify and select outside sources for needed services
• Serves the role of EOC Safety Officer and Hospital Security Officer
• Leads the hospital Disaster Program-mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery
• Provide good documentation of Hospital Facilities Systems, assuring good engineering design and reliability.
• Develop facilities processes that are efficient and cost effective - work orders, outsourcing, procurement, etc.
• Develop O&M Processes to assure continuous facilities/utilities for patients, visitors and staff.
• Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
• Provide leadership, direction and Star Service example.
• Manages compliance to regulatory requirements, JCAHO, CMS, NFPA, etc.Qualifications: Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's preferred.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Certificate as Facility/Plant Engineer or Practical Engineer License preferred
- 7 years Facilities leadership position
- Ability to listen, interact and communicate verbally and in writing; analytical skills, ability to work independently and interdependently.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom