Director of Education – West Coast – TIGI
TIGI is actively seeking a Director of Education – West Coast. The Incumbent will be responsible for the strategic planning of all TIGI Americas Field Education, within the region, ensuring that activities are aligned with TIGI Americas Education priorities. This includes planning for the success and rollout of training, development and technical competencies of the TIGI Collective network. The Incumbent will accomplish these goals and objectives through the development and ongoing execution of a divisional plan. This plan identifies specific strategies and tactics, working within national guidelines, standards, resources, and programs. The Incumbent will also serve as the education expert and resource for the region and will be focused on ensuring the adherence to education standards and aligning to field sales, education and corporate initiatives. They will do this through increasing education resources, focusing and prioritizing education activities and developing the education strategy to support all TIGI channels business plans including in-salon education, events, new product introduction, distribution meetings, and sales efforts. The Director of Education will report to the AVP of Field Education for TIGI Americas, and, will directly manage a team of Education Sales Managers and Regional Education Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage regions’ education budget; in conjunction with the sales management team and AVP of Field Education, pertaining to Field Education.
- Plan and initiate the annual education calendar based on feedback from all Channel Sales Directors, as well as knowledge and analysis of TIGI Americas education strategy.
- Manage the roll-out of all support materials such as class descriptions, formats, flyers and staffing recommendations. Assist in writing contracts for self-funding education events and generating education request forms for these events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of education classes, seminars, shows, trainings and events within the region.
- Liaison between field staff and corporate education. The Incumbent is responsible for disseminating a clear, concise TIGI Education message, ensure adherence to TIGI Education guidelines, standards and programs, ensure accuracy of product and technical information and the consistency of technical and product presentation within the region.
- Maintain a consultative relationship with Field Sales management, Distribution and Chain Managers and others as appropriate.
- Plan, execute and facilitate Education Sales Manager (ESM) new-hire trainings around technical products and all staff training for new products.
- Plan, execute and facilitate Regional Education Manager (RED) new-hire trainings.
- Evaluate skills and product knowledge within the regions’ education full time staff and collective against benchmarks and standards established by TIGI Americas Education.
- Provide feedback and coaching on required skills and competencies of ESMs and REDs.
- Recruit, train and develop a strong disciplined network of Collective, REDs and ESMs.
- Plan and execute all regions Collective Regional trainings in alignment with Corporate Education.
- Train and monitor Collective, RED and ESM performance.
- Partner and coordinate with appropriate staff to ensure the effective deployment of Collective Team.
- Plan, execute and monitor DSC/SS new-hire trainings around technical products.
- Plan, execute and monitor on going quarterly DSC and SS training to support new product launches.
- Take ownership and initiative for all filed education needs for region.
- Ensure all filed education programs are planned and executed from start to finish within the distributor planning cycle (timely communication at sales meetings, flyer deadlines, etc).
- Plan, execute and monitor all regional show and event activity and participate to include artist booking/show management/model room, etc., in conjunction with TIGI Show and Sales teams.
- Schedule, plan and monitor any “special events” and education within region.
- Assist in writing contracts for self-funding education events and generating education request forms for these events.
- High school diploma; College degree is preferred.
- An active Cosmetology License.
- A minimum of 5 years of related industry experience in education.
- Superior technical hairdressing and teaching skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Superior sales and communication skills.
- Knowledge of business and educational aspects of TIGI direct sales and distributor organization.
- An understanding of TIGI Education and distributor educational planning as it relates to class policies, use of field, contract trainers, and event P&L.
- Ability to plan, develop, and adhere to budgets for all field training activity and time and expenses.
- Strong presentation and leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must live in designated geographical territory (western portion of the United States).
- Ability to travel extensively – 60% annually is the minimum.
- Ability to be flexible, accept change and be a team player.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.