McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring a Director, Finance to support McKesson Patient Care Solutions (MPCS) in Moon Township, PA, or Richmond, VA.
General Job Family Information
Responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the budget. Manages the activities of the financial analyst staff. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control. Monitors division and department adherence to approved budget.
The Director, Finance will be responsible for leading a team of four in managing our MPCS finance functions, including financial planning & forecasting, monthly close analysis & reporting, sales reporting, sales commissions management, business operations analysis & reporting, and leading strategic business analysis.
This role will work closely with the President and senior leadership team of MPCS to provide financial oversight of an annual revenue plan of $180M and an operating expense budget of $95M. the ability to partner with senior leaders to understand business requirements and provide guidance on business decisions is a key component of this role. This role will also be responsible for continuous process improvements and identifying opportunities to optimize profitability for the business.
This position will report directly to the Vice President, Finance, MPCS and will have routine exposure to the McKesson Medical-Surgical Executive Leadership team.
- Lead and manage a team of 4 employees
- Partnering with Accounting, Finance, and business leaders to manage the budgeting, forecasting and month-end processes and activities
- Manage routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting for business operations, including establishing and monitoring KPIs to assess health of the business
- Sales reporting and customer analytics, including sales commission and incentive plan calculations
- Financial leadership for MPCS initiatives, including evaluation of new and current business and driving business cases
- 5+ years finance or accounting experience including 2+ years managerial experience
- 50% travel (either travel to Richmond if in Moon Township, or travel to Moon Township, if in Richmond)
- Experience having conceptualized, proposed, and
executed strategic projects in conjunction with senior leaders
- Financial Reporting & Analysis background
- Understanding of financial and accounting principles to include General Ledger, Balance Sheet, Financial Statements
- Proficient with PowerPoint including presentation ability
- Proficient with Excel
- MBA preferred in finance or related field or equivalent experience
- General Office Demands
- Must be able to operate laptop
- Travel 50% between McKesson locations as described above via plane
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.
You’re mission driven and so are we. Your military experience aligns to open jobs at McKesson, and we need you to help deliver our mission of helping millions of people get more from their healthcare.