Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Plans, directs and manages one or more major functions and/or programs within the technology organization to ensure its effective operation in line with goals and objectives. Provides leadership across cross-functional teams. Actively contributes to long-range strategy planning and develops and implements the policies, procedures and systems required for maintaining and developing the overall technology strategy and goals. Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead, manage, and oversee projects, initiatives, and daily operations related to: assessing business and technology processes and functional needs for the enterprise; designing and implementing the optimal mix of system components to support the functional needs; managing the system development/enhancement lifecycle ? from business and systems requirements analysis through development; testing, quality assurance, post-deployment support, managing a portfolio of internal controls around business processes, systems, and data
- Lead, and oversee the project management lifecycle from conception through completion that includes assessing business requirements, scoping and planning projects and initiatives, budgeting, forecasting, tracking and reporting project status, managing deliverables, and assessing customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of best practices and guidelines for existing or new technologies within responsible area(s).
- Researches and selects vendors regarding the development of technical solutions, as needed, in conjunction with executive management.
- Reports to executive management on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget; approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams and report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Conduct talent management activities including mentoring, training, or providing technical growth opportunities.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required MINIMUM EXPERIENCE
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- 10 years of experience in leading large scale finance transformations impacting such areas as General Ledger accounting, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Accounts Receivables, Billing and Procurement.
- Must have experience with Cloud Technology Transition/Implementation, Business and Technology Process Re-engineering, Consolidation of Applications and Maintenance projects for a portfolio of on premise and cloud and Financial Reporting Applications
- Requisite experience in Software Development Life Cycle, preferably Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe etc.) methodology.
- Proven ability to assess current applications, recommend products, architecture strategies, software platforms, database standards and development strategies
- Works in partnership with stakeholders to establish business roadmaps, analyze potential new services, prioritize projects, deploy and update systems/tools and bridge between technology and business
- Significant people experience managing various resource types both direct and matrixed, to drive execution and accountability
- Vendor management experience with Managed Services Partners, Implementation Partners and Cloud Providers with an excellent understanding of standard contractual arrangements, third-party risk assessment and SLAs.
- Builds, develops and manages a customer-focused team, including the definition of performance goals and performance evaluations.
- Technology Skills required - PeopleSoft, SaaS product expertise (Oracle cloud, Blackline etc), Cloud Integration/ETL (TIBCO, Informatica), Hyperion, Workiva, SQL
- Excellent critical thinking skills to be able to assess and resolve issues; understand complex designs and bridge between technology and business.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with business partners
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.