At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the Executive Committee, the Director of Rooms is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Director of Front Office oversees hotel services including Front Desk operations, Housekeeping, Guest Services and Security. Maximizes room revenues & occupancy by analyzing daily status rates & makes adjustments accordingly. Manages large events & ensures high volume occupancy special requirements. Analyzes rate variances, monitors credit reports & maintains close observation of daily house counts. Coordinates major projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, & equipment changes. Conducts weekly Rooms Divisions meetings, including monthly financial review with subordinate managers & senior hotel directors. Prepares revenue & occupancy forecasting & monitors labor expenses through schedule approval process. Hires, manages & trains subordinate managers & employees.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Rooms operations in the front and back of the house
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Experience supervising all Rooms Departments
- Ability to assimilate operational statistics quickly and see how they can be used to enhance position of property
- Experience developing standards and operating procedures.
- Participate in MOD program
- Have dealt with special projects
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you. This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
A little about us:
Hyatt’s goal is to become the most preferred hospitality brand – loved and respected by all. We listen and evolve to meet and anticipate the needs of our colleagues, guests and partners.