Have an impact on patient experience and employee satisfaction as well as the success of the hospital and HIM Services Center! Come to work for Parallon, an organization of prominence and sterling reputation!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon is a division of HCA, the largest, for-profit healthcare organization in the world. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing organization. Despite our size and breadth, we maintain the people-first culture that was Dr. Thomas Frist's original vision for the company over 50 years ago.
Under the direction of the Regional HIM Director, the HIM Director is responsible for managing, coordinating, and performing the day - to - day operations and workflow of the facility based HIM operations for Medical City McKinney; a ssists the Regional HIM Director with the oversight and implementation of facility related HIM Service Center (HSC) operational planning, service level agreements, budgets, workflow processes, and internal controls. The HIM Director actively participates in the facility based unbilled management process and resolution of issues contributing to unbilled accounts. This person serves as a promoter of the HSC and is the on - site "face" of the HSC.
Operational Duties Include But Are Not Limited To
- Responsible for managing facility based HIM operations and staff including, but not limited to, record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, hard copy retrieval of medical records, tumor and/or trauma registry, and processing of birth certificate/paternity papers as applicable. Routinely assists in the performance of facility based HIM operations including, but not limited to, ad hoc record pick up and r econciliation, release of information request processing, and hard copy retrieval of medical records as needed.
- Performs facility unbilled activities including physician query follow up, physician incomplete record follow up, collaboration with facility department leaders in monitoring and working unbilled reports, working the applicable HPF queues, working the applicable unbilled management reports and queues, (e.g., DET/eRequest, Bill 49) and management of HIM operations unbilled processes.
- Works all applicable HPF workflow queues (includes, but is not limited to, the Facility HIM Department Queue, all Coding Pend for Queues, Review Queues, Unknown Document Queue, Cancelled Accounts Queue and all Wait for Workflow Trigger Queues) according to established workflow guidelines and schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of hospital HIM department leadership experience required.
- RHIA or RHIT required
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom