Director of HR Sales Compensation
Posted: July 22, 2017
Reference ID: 1208376
Who You'll Work With
This role will be a leader across our ecosystem which includes sales strategy & planning teams, Finance, HR, plus business leaders who are sponsoring the various sales motion changes.
We are also intending for this role / team to be full point of contact/leader for all comp related initiatives, including Executive Compensation for Sales, setting the Focal/Stock strategies for Sales and influencing Acquisitions along with learning from / adopting new practices.
What You'll Do
We need to develop an updated Total Rewards strategy (primarily Total Compensation, but consider benefits differentiation to a minor extent) that is aligned to our sales force / sales motion of the future. We have many new and different sales roles emerging plus changing people plans (grade mix, location mix, overlay v direct seller mix) which will all impact comp plans and strategies.
The Director of HR Sales Compensation leader will lead a team of Compensation Consultants to design, implement and manage the following areas:
• Total Rewards Strategy: Develop a multi-year global Total Rewards strategy and roadmap to attract & retain a world-class sales force that delivers growth within a reasonable cost envelope. Identify and respond to the opportunities for the Total Rewards strategy to be a lever for the transformation of the Sales business. Proactively and continuously scan and respond to internal Cisco business and external market trends and opportunities to identify opportunities to introduce new Total Rewards/Compensation solutions, modify existing plans or devise exit/wind-down strategies. Evaluate regional, country or business segment specific strategies and identify best practices and areas for Sales Comp / Total Rewards synergy. See around corners and put plans in place to address. Drive engagement in the Total Reward strategy through influential relationships with senior business leaders. Advocate for senior leaders sponsoring and owning the TR strategy. Lead regional HR and Sales business partners to achieve agreed upon TR strategies.
• Total Rewards Partnership: Lead the x-Cisco ecosystem to connect Total Rewards strategies with People/Talent plans and the Sales Compensation/Strategy & Planning initiatives. Influence and partner effectively across the teams to ensure our strategies are in synch, prioritized and aligned toward common outcomes. Leverage expertise, perspective and Compensation Voice to be a valued consultant, influencer & contributor to People Planning and Sales Comp Design planning, as well as an active and valued leader within the global Sales HR leadership team.
• Executive Compensation: Provide full complement of executive compensation consulting to Sales Leadership to ensure integrated Rewards plans aligned with business imperatives and succession planning objectives. Proactively develop ideas and solutions for Chris & Charlie. Ensure leaders are effectively aligned to PGIP goals/plans. Advocate for Sales-specific solutions as appropriate/needed. • Effectively Run the Business: Lead the x-Total Rewards extended team (Comp COE, Exec Comp and Regional Total Rewards) to ensure we run our business effectively for Sales, including ensuring we have smooth running Rewards programs (Merit, Promo, Stock, etc) and New Year Readiness processes. Partner with CFHR, TA and Sales Comp COE to ensure all parties are aligned and delivering successfully.
• Acquisitions: Work with Acquisitions HR team and Acquisitions Sales teams as needed to ensure healthy Sales integration plans and sustaining plans are in place such that we harness the expected business value from the deal. Learn from and leverage designs, practices and insights from Acquisitions to improve Cisco designs.
Who You Are
• MBA preferred with 10+ years of related Compensation experience globally
• Compensation leadership experience in a large, global company.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.